The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think between my side bags, the tank bag and a the top center rear bag, I have more luggage space in my ducati then the elise will have through the entire car.

:)

2002 ST4s - Yellow

·
Registered
587 Posts
not if you're driving alone ;).

Also, I think Lotus or the aftermarket offers a luggage rack (or at least I've seen one on the S1)... though I'm not sure if that's the best idea, unless you want roasted luggage.

- John

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I've been thinking about this too.

After our trip to England last winter, Jill decided that was the first product we'd be developing. She spoke with several of the wives on the Seloc drive and heard some great stories about taking road trips in an Elise. Just imagine packing for the 3-week Stelvio trip!

I've already got some designs going and should have some prototype bags before the end of the month.

I'd be interested to hear if you've got preferences for leather or nylon.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'm thinking, pack lightly, and/or have the bulky stuff shipped ahead, if necessary.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Looks like crap, but it also looks like it could be very handy for travelling with my g/f. Her makeup bag for a 2 day trip alone would'nt fit in the boot. I might be getting one of those (for TEMPORARY use only).

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
I think I'd rather live off a toothbrush and a credit card!
Chris
That's fine for us guys, but it still leaves the question; what about the girlfriend and the makeup bags? I say, send her off ahead with a plane ticket and enjoy the saved weight in your Elise. :cool:

Neil

Still looks better that this cluster fu#k:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
You know the gf will complain when you try to fly fast through the twisties, better to send her on ahead.
Chris

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
You know the gf will complain when you try to fly fast through the twisties, better to send her on ahead.
Chris
Air fair! You know what, this girlfriend is getting expensive... I say get rid of her... find another one at your destination! :cool:

Neil

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Little Bastard said:
Air fair! You know what, this girlfriend is getting expensive... I say get rid of her... find another one at your destination! :cool:

Neil
If you run across a cheap one, pls. let me know.

Chris- I'll try the send ahead method, but I can predict the reaction. "I'm not a piece of freaking luggage" etc., etc....

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
I'd be interested to hear if you've got preferences for leather or nylon.
Easily conformable ripstop nylon seems the most practical to me.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Little Bastard said:
That's fine for us guys, but it still leaves the question; what about the girlfriend and the makeup bags? I say, send her off ahead with a plane ticket and enjoy the saved weight in your Elise. :cool:

Neil

Still looks better that this cluster fu#k:
Neil,

That is probably the best idea I have heard all day. Fly the little women ahead and go out and have some real fun with the "OTHER WOMEN" in your life. It just so happens her name is Elise:D :D :D

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Chris
Too right. If I get my car before August, we will be taking it up Highway 1 on the way to Napa Valley. But I know from past experience that my wife won't tolerate screaming around curves. She also frowns on going above 80 on the freeway.

That's ok. I will be happy to baby the car whenever she's in it.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Chris
I wish, I think I'm going to spend the duration looking at the rear end of her car as she beats me through the twisties. I've been trying to get her an MRI to see what's different about her circuitry. :D Her next quest is to talk me out of my 996 into a MV Augusta Brutale, cuz she wants to ride the 996. Over my cadaveric carcas. :D

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
babak said:
I wish, I think I'm going to spend the duration looking at the rear end of her car as she beats me through the twisties. I've been trying to get her an MRI to see what's different about her circuitry. :D Her next quest is to talk me out of my 996 into a MV Augusta Brutale, cuz she wants to ride the 996. Over my cadaveric carcas. :D
Sounds like a keeper.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts