The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the extras Nick!

I wanted to take my detailing to the next level and I wasn't happy with the el cheapo stuff I was getting at the local auto places. So I my friend and I decide to make a wish list of the stuff we wanted and make a rather large order for stuff to stock up for winter. We even put in more lighting in the garage so that we can work on stuff over the winter or at night. The lights were cheap @ less than $10 for each light strip and bulbs at Home Depot. Now I know what I'm doing this weekend...

Big Version

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Dang, that's quite a haul!

You must be a more patient man than I. No offense to Nick, but the Detailers Paradise web server makes EliseTalk look like a boosted Hayabusa..

It's taking 15-20 seconds for each page to load, which makes shopping cart management super-tedious.

Hopefully it's heavily loaded by other ET'ers putting together the mondo care kit too. :)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
When I ordered from DP, it was pretty snappy.

Thanks for supporting our forum sponsors. Man, I thought I bought a lot. :)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
He must have intended to detail all of our cars! It's a Christmas present to all Elisetalkers. He just hasn't told us yet!
:clap:

·
Registered
588 Posts
my next purchase is PLEXUS cleaner.
should plexus be applied to the engine covers before or after i paint them?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
rucnok said:
my next purchase is PLEXUS cleaner.
should plexus be applied to the engine covers before or after i paint them?
After, I would say.

It's just a cleaner, like detailing spray for plastic.

Works great on motorcycle helmets, visors, and fairings. I keep a small sprayer in my jacket pocket to wipe off bugs and road smear -- works fine, and leaves the visor nice and clean.

But I can't see any advantage to having it under paint.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Are you trying to clean the windshield or keep from having to use the wipers?

I find that a slick coat of wax on the windshield works great at speed. I don't have to use the wipers much, especially at night. If you do this, a glass window cleaner like Stoner's will remove the wax most likely.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't tried Plexus yet. Right now I use RainX on all my exterior glass. It's freaking awesome. Do it every other month for best results. I found that after you put it on it will haze up a bit. Spray some water and wipe it down and it will clear up, dry buffing doesn't clean it off well. Do the side windows and rear too. At even lower speeds the side windows will stay very clear, almost as if it weren't raining. It also helps get ice to come off faster.

I heard of several people waxing their glass. Seems to have the same effect that RainX does but a shorter life span for the area where the windshield wipers contact the glass. Same issue with RainX, it just last a little longer. Just becareful with the RainX stuff, it's bad for the paint work.

And I HATE Stoner's. I was in Vegas visiting my sister and I cleaned her windows with it. It didn't do as nice a job as the 1Z Windshield Clear from DP. That's the best window cleaning stuff I've ever tried. The Stoner's stuff didn't get the plastic blowoff from inside the windshield well. It took some off and the streaked the rest around.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Lotus Fury said:
And I HATE Stoner's. I was in Vegas visiting my sister and I cleaned her windows with it. It didn't do as nice a job as the 1Z Windshield Clear from DP. That's the best window cleaning stuff I've ever tried. The Stoner's stuff didn't get the plastic blowoff from inside the windshield well. It took some off and the streaked the rest around.
Huh! I'm all about Stoner's. Works fine here. That said, maybe I'm missing out and should try the 1Z spray.

I haven't had any trouble with Stoner's and I can get it at any Walmart. Spray it on liberally (it's cheap), wipe well with old T-Shirt, then buff to a shine with a clean microfiber cloth. Quick, no streaking, really clean glass. I'm confused.. Big black "Invisible Glass" aerosol can, right?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yeah, "Invisible Glass" stuff. I've heard tons of good stuff about it so I tried it. I may not have had the correct "Cleaning Procedure" down. I know that with the 1Z stuff if the cleaning rag is loaded with gunk it will smear stuff around. I was limited to paper towels so that may have attributed to the problem.

My sister's car had tons of blowoff too, must have been from the desert sun.

And try the 1Z windshield cleaning stuff. Just once & you'll see what I mean. It's one of the few products that I've tried and said "WOW!"

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
1Z is basically a boutique brand of detailing products and generally these kind of lines (typically not available in stores) outperform their off-the-shelf counterparts. You can get certain professional products locally, but when you talk about your regular Walmart or Target, there are very few products that I actually would use from these stores.

So that's what I like about Stoner's Invisible Glass (if I'm even using a glass cleaner), but I don't doubt the 1Z product outperforms it. I bet the P21S product does as well, but I'm not too fanatical about my glass cleaner, as I am with more major products.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Christian,
Thanks for much for the boost. You are certainly set up for the season.

Ground Loop,
No offence taken. Lately, our site has been a huge dog. Currently we are on a stacked server and are seriously bringing it to its knees. Within the next few weeks, we will be on our own server which will be smokin' fast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts