The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 6:30 AM I boarded my plane to Arkansas, and sitting next to me was a rather interesting man. He had a quart-sized measuring bowl filled with water, and he was dumping cereal into the bowl and immediately scooping it out with his hand to shovel into his mouth. He was kind enough to offer me some, but I had to decline. What a great way to start the day.

Anywho, I couldn't find any bagged milk so I brought this home instead.

500 miles later, safe and sound with no hiccups

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sorry but I am lost on ur post is this a funny joke in ur area. lost :confused: but nice vehicle.
At 6:30 AM I boarded my plane to Arkansas, and sitting next to me was a rather interesting man. He had a quart-sized measuring bowl filled with water, and he was dumping cereal into the bowl and immediately scooping it out with his hand to shovel into his mouth. He was kind enough to offer me some, but I had to decline. What a great way to start the day.

Anywho, I couldn't find any bagged milk so I brought this home instead.

500 miles later, safe and sound with no hiccups

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Sounds more like you were on a Greyhound Bus! I did that once and was offered a luke warm 40 and some chicken necks!

Car looks great bro, welcome to the club!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hope you enjoy her, she sure was a great car. I had to take one last picture the weekend you were supposed to pick her up. I am jess son. I am just on here to sell the extra set of wheels. How comfortable was the 13 hour drive back?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope you enjoy her, she sure was a great car. I had to take one last picture the weekend you were supposed to pick her up. I am jess son. I am just on here to sell the extra set of wheels. How comfortable was the 13 hour drive back?
I absolutely love the car, and the ride back wasn't too horrible considering it was well below freezing for the first hundred miles. Thankfully there wasn't too much ice on the roads. Yesterday I took it on another 150 mile trip through the mountains, and my spine is still functioning somehow!

Your family took great care of her, and I'll be sure to do the same.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Congrats on making the trip before our weather goes to pot again. The car looks great! Do you have a spot in your parking deck to plug in a floating charger for your battery? It does make a difference if you don't drive it every day.

Another member of this forum who lives in the Metro Atlanta area also has a very clean NFB Elise, but with Magnolia interior.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on making the trip before our weather goes to pot again. The car looks great! Do you have a spot in your parking deck to plug in a floating charger for your battery? It does make a difference if you don't drive it every day.

Another member of this forum who lives in the Metro Atlanta area also has a very clean NFB Elise, but with Magnolia interior.
I'm actually going to keep it in a private garage during the week since I won't be driving it on work days. It's currently sitting with a battery tender right now :)

Stay safe with the weather turning icy for the next couple days!

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
TruePotential,
I have no idea what state you are in, but I have a suggestion.
Make a posting titled "bottle of scotch for listing in my area" and I bet other lotus owners will find a few for you. You will need to post where you are.
Be prepared to buy a few bottles of scotch.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As someone who hasn't found a single Elise for sale in my state, this is encouraging. I'm actually kinda looking forward to the prospect to buying a one way ticket and road tripping back in a new (to me) Lotus
The road trip back home is half of the fun!

I used cars.com / autotrader / searchtempest.com (craigslist aggregator) during my search.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.