The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I pull up along side a white current gen Porsche Turbo...nice car...I must be getting older because Porsches are looking better and better to me.

ANYWAYS

Light turns green...and he shows me who's boss....ugh. Not to car stereotype people..but Porsche owners can be a lot like Mustang owners, they have to constantly show people who's boss..it's super annoying. Mostly the Turbo owners...they tend to be more "shooter" than other versions owners.

But congrats, not to shocked a Porsche Turbo is quicker than my Exige, I'm sure he felt good....BUT THEN oh look, he's getting on the freeway. And I know that this particular freeway on ramp is quite track like. It's a 90' right hander, followed by a left hand sweeper and then a quick 90' right hander onto the main straight (I-10)!!!

So I get RIGHT ON HIS ASS at the first right hander...why is he going so slow...so we both turn right, and I try to pull up along side of him as we head into the left hand sweeper, but he accelerates and then almost looses it in that left hand turn...I'm calmly driving behind him LAUGHING MY ASS OFF....we hit the final right hander and I'm right behind him...but then the road gets straight. So he downshifts and HAULS ASS away from me, in a huge cloud of exhaust.

I thought it was SO hilarious...Lotus drivers are the best street drivers on earth I'm convinced!!

I WIN

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I never let those jerks suck me into such childish behavior. And if he had brake-checked hard, you might have run into him. Not worth the risk or the rewards IMHO. I don't think you won anything.

·
Registered
190 Posts
So I get RIGHT ON HIS ASS at the first right hander...why is he going so slow...so we both turn right, and I try to pull up along side of him as we head into the left hand sweeper, but he accelerates and then almost looses it in that left hand turn... I WIN
That is not Hannah Montana approved driving behavior :no:. That sounds like a jerk Lambo driver thing to do. Ask me how I know.

He's probably on the Porsche boards talking about some jerk Lotus driver trying to pass him on an on ramp.

One poor choice can ruin your life forever. It sounds like you only "won" the gift of your life for another day.

I never let those jerks suck me into such childish behavior. And if he had brake-checked hard, you might have run into him. Not worth the risk or the rewards IMHO. I don't think you won anything.
+1

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
That is not Hannah Montana approved driving behavior :no:. That sounds like a jerk Lambo driver thing to do. Ask me how I know.

He's probably on the Porsche boards talking about some jerk Lotus driver trying to pass him on an on ramp.

One poor choice can ruin your life forever. It sounds like you only "won" the gift of your life for another day.

+1
Wow, some big words there for a kid ;)

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I had a fun encounter kind of like that with a dumb ass in a SUV trying to hang with me. On my way to work there is one specific corner that when the traffic/stop lights/conditions are right I like to take in a "spirited" style. Well last week this dinkwad in a Toyota SUV was right on my ass with his hi beams on,like a few feet away, and we were doing around 45mph , my special corner was approaching and everything looked good for taking it. I accelerated through the turn and he tried to follow, I think he went up on 2 wheels and I heard skidding but no crash, but I was keeping my eyes forward. When I looked in the rear view he had pulled over to the side of the road, jackass

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i think it was but this is by far my favorite quote about the elise
"spend a hard day driving behind the wheel of the elise and it all but ruins you for nearly every other sports car on earth" -Road and Track

Was it Motor Trend that said the Elise is the "Best handling sports car in the entire world!?"

Mike

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
You should never let your ego drive your car.

I learned that lesson when I was a teenager. I tried to hang with an AWD Subaru on an on ramp, hit a patch of ice right when he brake checked (intentional?) lost control of the car and slammed into a fence.

That sort of behavior is not safe and juvenile. No matter how awesome your car and how good of a driver you are, you have not control over what the other guy does and there are innocent people that you share the road with.

Not to say I'm against spirited driving, even on public roads. But only under certain conditions...

·
Registered
963 Posts

+1
Okay, how do you know?
Wise words for a child. I should know. :p

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Okay, how do you know?
Wise words for a child. I should know. :p
Her dad posted about it before. He had a run in with a Lambo driver with his daughter in the car.

·
Registered
912 Posts
similar story, older 4 dr jag next to me heading into a onramp, light turns green. He guns it, water on the ground, so i slow he proceeds to speed off. I turn the right hander see him spin 3 times and a truck in the slow lane almost slams into him. I drive off on the right laughing my ass off.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
good lord, I guess IF he had brake checked me sure...but the thing is...I took data from the fact he couldn't resist blowing me away at a stoplight to mean that he would be interested in showing off via porsche acceleration technology, not porsche braking technology.

I'm sure he may be talking about the Exige driver on some Porsche mssg board, and that's kind of the fun of it no?

I feel like I won because I have good car control and was never in danger of wrapping my Exige around a pole during our little race...something he seemed to be on the verge of doing, which made me laugh. I didn't bait him, he baited me. PLUS it was fun having a little race with this guy, damn you fuddy duddies. Wasn't it you old men who used to street race your GTOs at the malt shop? Talk about life threatening danger....

I had many a similar experience while driving many a Miata...people can't resists reminding Miata drivers they drive a girls car.....till you throw in an freeway on ramp and such...SUCKERS. It's fun to make people look like chumps in their expensive exotics, and you aren't going to get me to say otherwise.

WOOT!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Ah, nice story mate. Didn't know you had a Murc. Unless she said that just to annoy the other bloke, but then again she's pretty badass. :D

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
KILLLLLL KILLLLL KILLLLL !!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
So what did you win? All I read was some ass trying to race another ass on the streets. Kidding aside everyones already stated the obvious. Dont get suckered into this behavior. I cant count how many times people tried to race me on my 954rr. Almost been run over many times cause some ass in a sports car thinks he can out corner me while all Im doing is going out for a little ride. MAybe thats what he was doing and didnt care wtf you were in. This cooud lhave been another I crashed my elise thread if he had break checked you and guess what your fault. I agree with Fil nothing worng with spirited driving but thats plain old racing some idiot you dont know and could have caused you to wreck. :no:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts