The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For many many years a Lotus Elise has been my dream car, and back in the day it was really a wild dream considering i was living in Argentina and making $600 a month.

Strong will and a roll of the dice gave me a chance to land here in the united states with $2000 in my pocket after selling everything i ever owned in my country.

4 years later my professional dreams and also my dream car are now a reality. But i have so damn little time to enjoy it it's so frustrating. I sit at work wishing i could be driving my car, and when i get home i'm exhausted and it's nighttime. The only time i have for myself are the weekends, and somehow i have to squeeze in girlfriend, friends, hobbies and cars.

I didn't get to drive my beautiful Sport Elise last weekend, and i won't get to this coming weekend and it makes me sad.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I feel you. Banana Republic ran out of khakis! ;)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sad to hear... I DD my car... I can't be happier...;) I'm writing this as my car is warming up
... advice; take it to work! Unless u do construction. I wasn't able to fit more than 5 bags of cement in mine hahaha.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't get why so many of these cars have such low miles. I've already put 1k miles in my first month of ownership.

I think lots of people must buy them for looks and don't even have a clue of what kind of fun it can provide.

·
2006 SportElise #9
267 Posts
I don't get why so many of these cars have such low miles. I've already put 1k miles in my first month of ownership.

I think lots of people must buy them for looks and don't even have a clue of what kind of fun it can provide.
I DD mine and have enjoyed all 60k miles.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Go for a morning drive before work. I do that every once a while. Or... move out of SF so you can commute to work with a big smile on your face.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
I know how you feel! Its only been 3 weeks since I got out of the hospital and I am just dying to take her out. My big time saturday was watching the 'ole lady pull the cover off and start her up and watch it idle for a while. Sigh! Only a few more months maybe...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Maybe you could work to develop a residual income stream, which doesn't take up nearly as much of your time, to free you up from your primary job - not to quit it, necessarily, but perhaps to do less.

It takes an investment of time, but it is SO worth it! :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Well here is my shoty two cents.

1) new toys is a curve that start high and drifts down the more you play with it. I always here people say, "I wish I would have taking the time to enjoy that so and so". We are greedy by nature, we let things consume us. Its who we are, and ironically what you are doing is the best thing you can do. When you get in that car you are a lot more excited about it compared to the next guy that does it every day. I'm willing to bet you, someone here drives down the road in there lotus and starts b*tching at traffic. Really... the guy next to you is in a tempo! You're driving a lotus, sit back and enjoy what you have.

2) Think of all the miles you are NOT putting on it. :clap:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Ummm, I'm in Afghanistan on deployment, suck it up buddy

I'm not even on the same hemisphere as my car
Totally unwarranted response. I am glad that you do not speak for the rest of current soldiers/contractors and us veterans.

Javier,
I get to drive my car AT MOST 1 time per month, but when I slide up the door of my storage unit and see it again.... my heart drops every single time. It is the same as when I first saw the car with the seller of the car. Being away only increases my appreciation and desire.

:UK:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Why, I miss my car too? I worked for years to save up and get mine, and when I'm home I spend a lot of time caring for my father, yet I dont whine that I cant drive it.

I would like to have a toilet, running water and real food. Surprized I actually have internet.

But I suck it up and make the best of it.

For I appreciate every moment when home and the freedom that I have

Sorry that offends some

1 - 20 of 50 Posts