The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the new Kumo XS are getting really good reviews for Max performance summer tires. The nice thing about Kumo is the size availabilities: 215/45/16 and 255/40/17. Does anybody think I could make these sizes fit without rubbing? Ideally they would be on 7.5 and 9 rims, but I dont think there is much available (reasonably priced anyways). Currently I have reo1rs 205/245 squeezed on the stock 6.5 and 7.5. This is working our fine with no ill effects observed during autocross. I would feel comfortable with the 215/255 on 7"/8" rims that are available for reasonable money (team dynamics).

Anybody think these sizes will fir without rubbing or clearance issues? If so any recommended offset info?

Thanks,
Aaron

·
Supporting Vendor
139 Posts
They show as doable in our guide.

We recommend 33-35mm offset for the 7.5's and 44-49mm offset for the 9's.

Make sure you check with the wheel manufacturer of the wheel you choose to verify fitment.

We have some great reviews on the Kumho MX. Also check out the Falken RT-615 for comparison.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The computers are taking over! Yes I have tried the 615s a few times on various cars and they are good tires. Kumo MX is ok but the new XS is supossed to be much better. Does anybody have experience with the 215/255 size stagger. Any advice is appreciated...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts