The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm playing around with a new AIM Solo2 DL on my '17 Evora 400, and while there are a ton of data feeds coming from the ECU, i'm getting a static & erroneous reading of -21.6 degrees F for IAT. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm using the OBD/CAN cable.

Some of the other inputs that are working are:

Throttle position %
rpm
tire pressure (all 4 corners)
clutch depressed/not depressed
brake depressed/not depressed
steering wheel angle
water/coolant temp

Any insight on how to get the IAT data would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
I use an OBD Bluetooth reader and like monitoring things like fuel trims and AFR. My IAT reads normal.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, same here when going through a standalone OBD Bluetooth adapter. Wondering if this is an AIM protocol issue.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing that going via CANBUS (which is what the Aim Solo2 DL is using even though the physical connection is via the OBD port) instead of OBD is why the Aim Solo 2 DL is getting an erroneous reading for IAT. My '12 Evora S worked fine for IAT (although it was pre-supercharger, so kinda useless) via my Aim Solo1 DL.

I noticed that looking at available channels via OBD/Torque app instead of CAN/Aim Solo2 shows some new channels that weren't on my '12 Evora, such as chargecooler air temp. I presume the addition of a few channels related to air temp on the Evora 400 resulted in CAN IDs changing vs the S1 Evoras, and AIM just hasn't gotten around to updating it (if ever, for that matter).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Textevora - Do you recall if brake pressure was recorded when using the Solo on your '12? I used my Solo2 DL and SmartyCam this past week for the first time and I am not getting any brake data.

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Textevora - Do you recall if brake pressure was recorded when using the Solo on your '12? I used my Solo2 DL and SmartyCam this past week for the first time and I am not getting any brake data.

I am not getting any brake data from my 410

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@aterren, looking at my old logs in RaceStudio2 from my old SoloDL, i was getting brake data for my '12 S, but only off/on (ie 0 vs 1). No variable brake pressure data, so impossible to tell if i was tapping the brakes vs standing on them.

I'm getting the same off/on 0/1 data on my '17 Evora 400 using a Solo2 DL.

Unfortunately the Solo and Solo2 do not allow sensor expansion, so you can't add a brake pressure sensor after the fact. Only way to do that is with the way more expensive full AIM dashes. I was pleasantly surprised to see that we can get steering wheel angle data though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts