The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm working on putting together my MP62 kit from an Exige S, but I'm running into issues with the IAT sensor. I know I can buy the sensor online but I can't seem to find the plug or pigtail harness that goes with it.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can source the wiring for this? Not a single site I've seen selling the sensor includes any sort of wiring. I'm sure I'm not the first who has run into this issue, but my searching has come up blank so far. I want to supercharge my Exige but I'm missing this part!

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info on that. I went ahead and ordered both, let the swap begin!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Well now hold on, are you putting this on a 2006 Normally Aspirated Exige? If so, do you have the actual harness that goes into the ECU?

When I used the FastWorks method of integrating an IAT on a 2006 Exige, I had to add a pin to the main ECU harness at the ECU. Wasn't a big deal, but there was no preexisting harness on the car.

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That bit I'm going to wire in. Luckily this isn'y my first rodeo with customizing a harness (try going LHD with a RHD harness). I think now I just need to source an extra pin for the ECU, hopefully that won't be too hard to find.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello Guys,

I just installed a Supercharger on my car as well. Its a 2005 Lotus Exige. I also wish to install a IAT sensor.
So basically all i need is the sensor from Bosch that goes into the Intercooler and those 2

Home » Shop » Connectors / Harnesses » Bosch » 4-way sealed Plug Bosch BSK Connector Pigtail for Bosch MAP Sensor

T4e ECU Connectors & Pins for 2006+ Lotus
T4e ECU Header for 2006-up Lotus

I dont really understand much about these electronic parts of the car... I would greatly appreciate all the Help I Can get.

Kind Regards,

Soccs

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm interested too, right now my NA/supercharged Exige is not taking account of the iat output and this is not ideal in my opinion.
The questions are: once the sensor is added to the ecu, that signal will be processed/read? Ecu remap is needed? Iat retarding will be enabled? What happens to the ECU once it starts reading 150F IAT?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts