The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked their website and they offer an interface now for Blaupunkt. Is anybody planning on hooking this interface up for their iPods? I'd like to do it myself, but don't know where to put the iPod.

http://www.densionusa.com/x/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=376&Itemid=80

At least I've got until March to figure it out (that's when my car comes in.)

If somebody else does it early, I'd love to hear how it's working for you.

Barry

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I looked into the IceLink for my Audi. Very cool setup. It's a bit pricey by the time you add the mount for the iPod and such though. I will probably just burn MP3 CDs and play with SD cards in the Elise. I'd love to have one though. You could run the cord from the CD player over to the shelf next to the radio. It would be out of sight there but easily enough accessible to plug in and such and you wouldn't need a special mount.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
BarryB said:
I'd like to do it myself, but don't know where to put the iPod.
Don't worry about that - I have a cool idea for iPod mounting, and as soon as my car arrives, I'll finish the design and build it. I'll be connecting mine to the aux input on the Blaupunkt though - I don't see enough benefit to the icelink to justify the price in this application.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the icelink, you control the ipod through the radio's cd changer's controls. I'm not sure if shows what's on the screen though, it would rule if you could see genres, etc. if not, you are right, better to just connect through the aux.

Barry

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the IceLink in my S4. It allows control of fast forward / rewind and track forward / rewind from the radio headunit. It also pauses the iPod when changing sources (i.e. listening to the radio. The other major benefit is that it charges the iPod. The dock is included, but the price is still high. I will probably get one for my Elise.

Hope this helps.

BarryB said:
With the icelink, you control the ipod through the radio's cd changer's controls. I'm not sure if shows what's on the screen though, it would rule if you could see genres, etc. if not, you are right, better to just connect through the aux.

Barry

·
Registered
108 Posts
P.S. it does not display any info on the radio screen.

P.P.S. why can't I edit my prior posts?

Thanks

kepstein said:
I have the IceLink in my S4. It allows control of fast forward / rewind and track forward / rewind from the radio headunit. It also pauses the iPod when changing sources (i.e. listening to the radio. The other major benefit is that it charges the iPod. The dock is included, but the price is still high. I will probably get one for my Elise.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I didn't know that it doesn't display any information. Since that's the case, I'll probably hard wire in a Belkin charger. That way you just plug the iPod into the charger and change to the aux input on the stereo. I have the remote from Apple, so I can clip that somewhere to change tracks. The Belkin charger with line out was only like $40 at CompUSA. I think that I saw a link on here for the aux. adapter cable for the Blau for like $15 shipped. If you don't already have the remote it's $40 from Apple. So for less than $100 you can do pretty much what the icelink does.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
kepstein said:
P.P.S. why can't I edit my prior posts?
I'm not sure...the board appears to be configured to allow you to edit posts indefinitely. The only restriction I found was a time limit of five minutes for editing the title of a new thread. Randy, any idea?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
MattG said:
I'm not sure...the board appears to be configured to allow you to edit posts indefinitely. The only restriction I found was a time limit of five minutes for editing the title of a new thread. Randy, any idea?
Operator error? You should be able to edit your own posts. But make sure you click the edit button BELOW your post, now above it. That is not a rare mistake. :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
kepstein said:
IIt allows control of fast forward / rewind and track forward / rewind from the radio headunit. It also pauses the iPod when changing sources (i.e. listening to the radio. The other major benefit is that it charges the iPod. The dock is included, but the price is still high.
Does it support play list selection, or do you have to do that directly through the iPod?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts