The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 Elise came with this as part of the exhaust.
Can anyone tell by the pic who made it?
Wire Auto part Exhaust system Pipe

Auto part Exhaust system Pipe Muffler

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Looks like a stage 2. Check the can carefully, the manufacturer should be stamped on there somewhere.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, I see it now with my glasses on :)
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car is not a daily driver, but I do drive it 2 to 3 days a week and alternate with the VW. This Janspeed exhaust was just a little too loud for the purpose the car serves for me. However, the stock factory exhaust is a little too tame so I thought to ask, anyone know of an exhaust with just a little more than the stock exhaust note?

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
My car is not a daily driver, but I do drive it 2 to 3 days a week and alternate with the VW. This Janspeed exhaust was just a little too loud for the purpose the car serves for me. However, the stock factory exhaust is a little too tame so I thought to ask, anyone know of an exhaust with just a little more than the stock exhaust note?
Several good options... I had a 2bular that sounded awesome before I torched it's insides out at the track (supercharger). It was mellow with some burble on deceleration. The BOE ST I have now sounds pretty good and is re-packable. A lot depends on how you use the car but the treads on this are endless. The youtube sound clips are of limited use to me... but are somewhere to start.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I think 2Bular can set you up with something within your specs.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
BOE ST.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
And I did find that the exhaust threads are seemingly endless and from where I sit, it would take way to long to sort through.
Thanks for the 2bular suggestions. I think it may be the direction I end up going. :)

BOE seems worth a serious consideration too. Thank you all :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.