The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 Elise came with this as part of the exhaust.
Can anyone tell by the pic who made it?
McKinney-20140301-01213.jpg

McKinney-20140301-01212.jpg

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Looks like a stage 2. Check the can carefully, the manufacturer should be stamped on there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Janspeed or CLF = Stage 2

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, I see it now with my glasses on :)
McKinney-20140302-01214.jpg

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car is not a daily driver, but I do drive it 2 to 3 days a week and alternate with the VW. This Janspeed exhaust was just a little too loud for the purpose the car serves for me. However, the stock factory exhaust is a little too tame so I thought to ask, anyone know of an exhaust with just a little more than the stock exhaust note?

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
My car is not a daily driver, but I do drive it 2 to 3 days a week and alternate with the VW. This Janspeed exhaust was just a little too loud for the purpose the car serves for me. However, the stock factory exhaust is a little too tame so I thought to ask, anyone know of an exhaust with just a little more than the stock exhaust note?
Several good options... I had a 2bular that sounded awesome before I torched it's insides out at the track (supercharger). It was mellow with some burble on deceleration. The BOE ST I have now sounds pretty good and is re-packable. A lot depends on how you use the car but the treads on this are endless. The youtube sound clips are of limited use to me... but are somewhere to start.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I think 2Bular can set you up with something within your specs.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
BOE ST.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
And I did find that the exhaust threads are seemingly endless and from where I sit, it would take way to long to sort through.
Thanks for the 2bular suggestions. I think it may be the direction I end up going. :)

BOE seems worth a serious consideration too. Thank you all :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts