The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ONDnQoL0kF8"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ONDnQoL0kF8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Popped belt?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Broke a shift cable

·
Registered
740 Posts
the last bark of that little dog on your passenger seat after you punched it at little bit too hard...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wrong, all wrong. The intercooler pipe came off, so i just had to reattach the clamp and tighten it. But it sounded like $$$...
I love this car. It's incredibly reliable as long as you take care of it. And i do. Like weekly oil change...

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Wrong, all wrong. The intercooler pipe came off, so i just had to reattach the clamp and tighten it. But it sounded like $$$...
I love this car. It's incredibly reliable as long as you take care of it. And i do. Like weekly oil change...
That must have been quite a relief (pun intended)!! I was thinking it might have been a blown connecting hose between the pipes and the blower/intercooler after your last clue, but I wouldn't have thought the revs on the blower would have dropped so quickly... I mean, it's still running off the belt, regardless of the massive pressure leak. Did you push the clutch in when you heard the initial leak?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That must have been quite a relief (pun intended)!! I was thinking it might have been a blown connecting hose between the pipes and the blower/intercooler after your last clue, but I wouldn't have thought the revs on the blower would have dropped so quickly... I mean, it's still running off the belt, regardless of the massive pressure leak. Did you push the clutch in when you heard the initial leak?
No, the engine just died.

·
Registered
381 Posts
noise duration was too long to be IC pipe popping off... looks to me like engine failure, engine noise ceased after even though he was in gear.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts