The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have an 07 Exige S with a lot of mods. Basically I have every mod recommended by Phil in order to do the Rev 300 tune.
injectors
Fuel pump
Intake
Intercooler
Headers
Cat delete
Exhaust
I pretty much bought every part from BOE. I may have forgotten some things in that list. I got the tune done about 3 years ago and it idles very rough. A lot of idle surges. And lately it’s been stalling like crazy. It’s extremely annoying because sometimes it’s right in the middle of traffic and not to mention potentially dangerous.
I know this topic has been covered before and I’ve done some research and it seems these are the things I should be doing:
1. Clean intake filter
2. Clean MAF sensor
3. Clean throttle body
4. Adjust idle screw
My question is am I missing anything else that I should do? Someone told me to clean IAC valve or sensor. Where is that located on our cars?
I’m planning to take care of all this over the weekend. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
reassemble the entire airway and check for leaks. Or have phil increase the idle. They all do this.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate your answer. Yes I’m going to do this, but should I also do anything else while my clam is tilted? Also where is the IAC?

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
My idle is 'floaty' and slightly higher than it used to be. Has the feel of a minor vacuum leak. But it stalls no more than it ever did.

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
163 Posts
Listen for a vacuum leak

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Mine doesn't do this. I have the Blade 300 tune, the original one.

San

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to update. I cleaned the throttle body, MAF sensor, and ITG air filter. So far so good. Haven’t stalled in two separate drives. And the idle is much smoother. I’m happy again.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Just to update. I cleaned the throttle body, MAF sensor, and ITG air filter. So far so good. Haven’t stalled in two separate drives. And the idle is much smoother. I’m happy again.
Good to hear.

San

1 - 9 of 9 Posts