The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I imagine Lotus would want us to bring the Elise to offical dealers, consider their attempts to upgrade and expand their dealer network. That being said, I would expect oil changes or engine services on the Elise to be expensive.

As an alternative, I'm sure they are a lot of good independant Toyota mechanics. I'd probably would be a little leery if they had to makes some sort of computer adjustments.

I visited the dealer today and he said that we should be able to use racing parts from TRD. Asides from internal engine parts, I'm wondering how air filters, exhausts, headers, etc from the Toyota engines can be used in the Elise is the engine bay is different from the Celica. I guess someone's going to have to modify those parts for the Elise.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Bob A (SD) said:
I've already been advised that LotusUSA will authorize sublet warranty and maintenance work for owners not conveniently located near an authorized dealer.
OMG! That' is really, really good customer relations on behalf of Lotus! :)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I'm also hoping that some day someone with a kind heart and access to a Elise shop manual will put it on line as a resource for those far away from a Lotus dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.