The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PHILADELPHIA - Starved, disabled girl was failed at every turn. She had cerebral palsy, she wasted away from malnutrition and maggot-infested bedsores that ate her flesh. She died alone on a putrid mattress in her mother's home, the floor covered in feces. She was 14 but weighed just 42 pounds. 9 people charged.

Starved, disabled girl was failed at every turn - Yahoo! News

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
That is just awful. And to think the parents could have probably found foster home or group home placement for their daughter instead of killing her by neglect. It is scary how twisted some people are and are capable of killing their own children.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming ******* be a "parent".

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Every single person involved should be subjected to the exact same fate. Every one of them should be left to die.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Oh my god. I can not believe that so many county and state workers were involved in this case and did absolutely nothing. I know not everyone likes their job and just want a paycheck, but does compassion mean anything to these people?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
bring back public stoning.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I made the mistake of reading about this in the newspaper at dinner tonight. Physically made me sick.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Totally sickening....just like the poor lady that lay on the floor in the mental word and died on camera while hospital personnel reported she was just fine( another recent news story). People can be savage! This poor kid only had one life to live... and this is the life her parents gave her! Prison time for *******s!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Cruel and unusual punishment would be too kind for these dirtbags. I can't think of a punishment severe enough.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
there are some very neglected people in this world....

one time I was on call in the E.R. and I was called to see a poor old lady who came from a home, and similarly, had maggots eating away at her leg...ironically maggots actually clean away dead or gangrenous tissue...she later underwent an amputation of her leg...

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
As a parent this is unbelievable that someone could do this to their own child. Actually, regardless of parent or not, nobody should ever allow a human to suffer this fate. The mother is human trash. Unforgivable.

The city employees should not only face criminal charges but they should be forced to pay back all of their past wages. I'm sure they had well-paying jobs for which they (obviously) didn't do the work to deserve their checks.

Q

·
0 Posts
We have a severely disabled 8-year old boy at home. He is blind, cannot speak, swallow, move his legs, blink. He has 2 feeding tubes, a trach, and an implant to control seizures. He is at the intellectual level of a 6-week old baby.

He is cleaner then my wife and I. He never lays in the same position for more than 1 hour. His teeth are brushed daily, his hair is cut at the barbers (or we bring someone in to the house). He has more clothes then my wife and I combined.

Of all the people that deserve to be clean and comfortable are the physically disabled and those that cannot care for themselves.

People like this woman need to be jailed for the rest of their lives.

Disgusting.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I'm at a point in my life where I am trying very hard to not judge people. Situations like this make it very hard.

qball, I have several patients in a similar physical situation as your son whom I have trached and continue to care for. I wish all their parents took as much care of them as you and your wife do for your son. :bow:

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
I'm at a point in my life where I am trying very hard to not judge people. Situations like this make it very hard.

qball, I have several patients in a similar physical situation as your son whom I have trached and continue to care for. I wish all their parents took as much care of them as you and your wife do for your son. :bow:
+1 respectfully admirable

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Guys and gals. I know a lot of you are not religious.. but I always think about this before doing anything..

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh shall from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit shall from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary. (Gal 6:7-9)"

The punishment that these people receive will be nothing compared to what awaits them........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts