The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many I was a little disappointed that the Dark verdant was so dark (though I guess it is in the name), others have stated they wished that more colors or different colors were available. If you could have any color or colors what would they be? I got these from house of kolor.
#1 choice for me is Lake violet pearl
Purple Automotive design Automotive tire Violet Electric blue

#2 Fine stratto blue
Peripheral Input device Mouse Automotive design Computer hardware

#3 Gold to green
Peripheral Office supplies Liquid Glass Input device

Registered
I'd take any of the 3 you posted! Colors are definitely a disappointment for the FE's. Jaguar has an insane number of colors on offer.

I'd love to see an orange, green and purple offered. And watch, all three will be options after the FE 馃槈

Registered
Verde Ithica is my dream paint. It's a clone of Lambo's Verde Ithaca and a $8100 "bespoke" paint option on the Evora GT. I actually contacted Lotus and asked what I need to do to get this on my Emira and they flat out said it's not gonna happen. I guess their fancy new paint shop isn't advanced enough to offer us anything but the 6 FE colors for now.. :rolleyes:

Reactions: LotusB and Locust

Registered
I think what he means is a custom color for a paint job that is already included in the price, not $3k for a whole paint job on a car.

Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
I think what he means is a custom color for a paint job that is already included in the price, not $3k for a whole paint job on a car.
My comment still stands, even $8100 for bespoke is cheaper than many others. Porsche I believe last I looked was almost $14K. You gotta pay to play.

Registered
I guess this is why $3-5k wraps are so trendy. Cheaper than "paint to spec" and "bespoke" colors from the factory and can be easily reverted. There is no way a wrap can come close to the vibrance and depth of that paint job I want though!

Reactions: brightoncorgi

Premium Member
Robins Egg or Tiffany Blue would be my first pick. I like the Gold the Evija is shown off in. A white metallic is a mandatory option.

Premium Member
My comment still stands, even $8100 for bespoke is cheaper than many others. Porsche I believe last I looked was almost $14K. You gotta pay to play.
Big time. Look at what Ferrari charges for a custom color $$$. 8K is very good price for paint. Aston has great prices on custom colors as well.

Registered
Verde Ithica is my dream paint. It's a clone of Lambo's Verde Ithaca and a $8100 "bespoke" paint option on the Evora GT. I actually contacted Lotus and asked what I need to do to get this on my Emira and they flat out said it's not gonna happen. I guess their fancy new paint shop isn't advanced enough to offer us anything but the 6 FE colors for now.. :rolleyes:

I emailed them and offered $5K for my Emira FE in Venom Green from the Evija color options. Nope.

Administrator
I emailed them and offered $5K for my Emira FE in Venom Green from the Evija color options. Nope.
Once they get to the stage that they'll be offering bespoke colors again you can have that done. Not for 5K it's $8100

Registered
Sure, that's fine, but the point is that $3k is not for a complete paint job.

Premium Member
Are custom colors done in the same automated spray booth or do they hand paint those somehow else?

Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
Sure, that's fine, but the point is that $3k is not for a complete paint job.
You must know nothing of painting. It鈥檚 not just spray a color鈥.every paint job is a COMPLETE paint job, and depending on color, will dictate what process is used, coats, layers, etc鈥.

Registered
Once they get to the stage that they'll be offering bespoke colors again you can have that done. Not for 5K it's $8100
I had no idea until a few minutes there was a set price of $8100. I am crossing over from Porsche for the last 18 years so pardon my ignorance. My plan now is if I love my FE in Magma Red is to put a deposit on another V6 manual once they announce the additional color options.

Administrator
I had no idea until a few minutes there was a set price of $8100. I am crossing over from Porsche for the last 18 years so pardon my ignorance. My plan now is if I love my FE in Magma Red is to put a deposit on another V6 manual once they announce the additional color options.
If you look back at the car Lotus of Naples sold in last year or two you'll see some pretty wild colors. They were even ordering for the floor not just for customer spec.

Reactions: VL3X

Registered
US pricing for the PTS option on a 911 is between $11,430 and $12,830, depending on the model.

Custom paintwork is expensive.
You need more than a $3K budget to repaint a crappy Hyundai.

Registered
You must know nothing of painting. It鈥檚 not just spray a color鈥.every paint job is a COMPLETE paint job, and depending on color, will dictate what process is used, coats, layers, etc鈥.
By that rationale, the special paint color should cost the price of a new car, since all those coats and layers have to be placed on smooth sheet metal, mounted on a chassis, with an engine, and wheels...

The point is, there is cost saved from not painting whatever the default paint is. The $3k is not to pay for an entire paint job.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts