The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday I picked up an Ardent Red with LSS, touring, hard top, and star shield. Just like I ordered over a year ago. I did not wait for my order to come in but instead purchased it from another dealer from inventory. I will have to say the car is worth the wait and the money. I have put 1,200 miles on it in 4 days time. I don't like the radio sound quality but other than that I am very happy.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hey Chris,

I'm on the list at MAG, with a build date of December. Could you tell us what number you were on the list (so we can keep track)?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am on a list at another dealer but this car was in inventory so I jumped on it. I contacted the dealer on Thursday and picked it up on Saturday. It is the exact car that I ordered. #724 is the vin if that helps at all.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MW it feels great!
I am so pleased that I held out.

An Indiana state trooper pulled up next to me yesterday and asked how fast I had gone in my car. I looked at him like he was crazy. I thought does he want the truth? He then said really? I told him 110 mph! In Michigan!! He said you are a smart man and went about his business.:cool:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Chris,
Again, CONGRATS on the car!

Now change your icon to you and you wife sitting in a AR Elise...I have the yellow Elise in Indy...not you ;)

EH

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think my wife would like a pic of her getting out of the elise. She must have been a swan in a former life.:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Chris,

Congratulations - I am so jealous. I'm still waiting to be put on the build list, despite a March 04 spec with MAG. I'm hoping for a January build, but I'm not holding my breath.

It is getting hard to wait knowing that so many are now in Indy . . .

Chris M

·
Old Dude
2005 Lotus Elise touring, hard top, Starshield
1,326 Posts
Congratulations Chris - nice choice! I'm in Cincinnati area close by - we'll have to arrange a drive to Dragon Tail or something. I like Brown County in Indiana but don't know any of the roads except around Nashville and to Bloomington - must be some great drives there.

·
Old Dude
2005 Lotus Elise touring, hard top, Starshield
1,326 Posts
kibbles - what's your number at MAG? I'm #33 there and hoping to get my car in March or April

·
Registered
970 Posts
CHRISN said:
Saturday I picked up an Ardent Red with LSS, touring, hard top, and star shield. Just like I ordered over a year ago. I did not wait for my order to come in but instead purchased it from another dealer from inventory. I will have to say the car is worth the wait and the money. I have put 1,200 miles on it in 4 days time. I don't like the radio sound quality but other than that I am very happy.

:D :D :D

congrats!...that was MY car...had the purchase agreement in my hand last week...:)...I gave that one up after dealer opened up in my town suddenly...I hope you got it at either msrp or 500.00 over for out of towners....was Aaron your salesperson?

·
Registered
56 Posts
You Indianapolis guys really make me antsy to buy my Elise. I am in Bloomington and really want to be the first one in my town with an Elise! Alas, I will probably wait out the winter. Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Macct3333 Thank you very much. I will give her a good home.
I still have a deposit on the exact same car at another dealer. It should be built in Dec.-Jan. I ended up paying $500.00 over. I am in the car business and paying over MSRP was a tough thing to do. I justified the extra cash by protecting myself from rate and price increases. John Mcdermott was my sales peron.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Attention all Indy area Lotus owners we must go to Bloomington, IN asap!!!The people of Bloomington need to see our cars!:D
I live a 1/2 mile from Hwy 39. This road is a blast to drive.
I am ready for a dragon trip. I think Haskell is ready as well.
What colors do you locals have on order?

·
Registered
60 Posts
#24 at MAG; Starlight Black with Red Interior

Cerven,

I'm supposed to be #24 at MAG. I too am looking at a March or April delivery. In all honesty, if I couldn't have it in October, its just as well that it is delayed until April with our wonderful Indy winters. If I only knew exactly when it would arrive . . .

ChrisN,

Mine will be Starlight Black with a Red interior. I've always been a fan of black cars, despite the difficulty keeping them clean.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you stop by and see me I will make a purchase! lol

If you ever come down 37, I am very conveniently right off of 37 in the neighborhood next to Oliver Winery. Please stop by and let me look at your cars!!! That is, if I don't have mine yet. I am pretty much dead set on SB with touring, hard top, Starshield, and black interior. I would take a red interior, though, if I had to take it.

Bloomington needs an Elise in its existence, I keep telling myself.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I got to ride in Chris's Elise today!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think the black is sharp. They have one at MAG on display.
Haskell and I are talking about a Brown county run in the next week or two If the weather cooperates. If anyone would like to go just let me know.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts