The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started an earlier thread a few days ago about rejoining the Lotus community.

Well, the deal went down on Wedneday and I'm happy to say I'm back in a Lotus :clap:

I picked up my 2007 Chrome Orange Exige S from Auto Europe officially on Wednesday. The car has track pack and the touring package. I'll upload pictures in a bit.

It's good to be home.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Yay Brad !! I'll see ya on the track soon !!....... ( You got the right color, by the way ! )

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
That's a good combo.... that'll be the "Elise" you always wanted.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey Brad, welcome back. I have to thank you for the heads up PM a couple of years ago. I was about to pull the trigger on a Hass conversion. (he was still god at the time). I waited 6 months for the S myself and never look back. Anything I can do to help regaurding set up of the S, just ask.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Brad, welcome back. I have to thank you for the heads up PM a couple of years ago. I was about to pull the trigger on a Hass conversion. (he was still god at the time). I waited 6 months for the S myself and never look back. Anything I can do to help regaurding set up of the S, just ask.

Complete nightmare of an experience. Glad you did not fall prey to Jay like many of us did.

Next post will be pictures!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Those pictures are insanely LARGE - sorry!
Fit on my screen without scrolling. ;) Wish more people would post nice high res pictures. BTW, is there a way to turn off that annoying auto-reduction feature the forum has to always see pictures as full resolution?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. I'm thinking about powder coating the outer lip of the rims in Chrome Orange. Have you seen the Lamborghinis that have this option? I think it looks really sweet.

The stock exhaust seems a little wimpy but I'm concerned about droning from the Stage 2. My Elise had the Stage 2 and it would buzz your ears to death on the highway. I've also heard that there's an issue with people blowing out the baffles on the Stage 2. Rumor has it that Lotus is fixing the problem. Any insight.....

·
Registered
426 Posts
Congratulations Brad!! I'm still waiting on the paper work for mine... but the one I'm picking up has the stage 2 and it seems WAY to loud for me cruising at 70... which is going to happen often since I do a 2 hours drive from Adrian -> Rochester almost every weekend. So if you wanted to switch up to the stage 2 im sure we could trade ;) I dont mind the whimpy compared to at least a bit of comfort! ha!

Although David up at AutoEurope told me to drive it for a week and see... if I dont like it then we can switch it up to stock.

Again congrats on the car! I can't wait to get mine and meet up with the fellow Michigan Lotus owners!

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
So if you wanted to switch up to the stage 2 im sure we could trade ;) I dont mind the whimpy compared to at least a bit of comfort! ha!

Although David up at AutoEurope told me to drive it for a week and see... if I dont like it then we can switch it up to stock.
Stage II on the 06' is a bit different than the one on the Exige S. I love mine. It's loud as sh%t but sounds great. I wear earplugs on long drives.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations Brad!! I'm still waiting on the paper work for mine... but the one I'm picking up has the stage 2 and it seems WAY to loud for me cruising at 70... which is going to happen often since I do a 2 hours drive from Adrian -> Rochester almost every weekend. So if you wanted to switch up to the stage 2 im sure we could trade ;) I dont mind the whimpy compared to at least a bit of comfort! ha!

Again congrats on the car! I can't wait to get mine and meet up with the fellow Michigan Lotus owners!
Let me know when your in the Rochester area. What color is the car your getting?

·
Registered
426 Posts
its the yellow 2006 exige thats up at autoeurope

I just dont like the idea of wearing ear plugs while driving ;) but I really don't mind finding a different exhaust that might be more appeasing...

and I'm usually up in rochester friday-sunday... i'll let ya know once I pick mine up!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey, there are lots of us fellow Michigan Lotus owners - check out Great Lakes Lotus. We have a track event coming up on Tuesday and THREE more to come this year. With those, monthly meets and more, plenty of opportunity to get together :D

Email: [email protected] with your email / telephone to get on our mailing list :up:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm heading out at 5am to NYC to pick up that 2006 exige with 700 miles sold by dealer Mark Starr.

Anyone know if I will void the warranty since by the time I get it back to michigan ill be over 1,000 miles? or is it more of a 1-1,500 miles and i would be fine? Cuz its quite the hike back.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I'm heading out at 5am to NYC to pick up that 2006 exige with 700 miles sold by dealer Mark Starr.

Anyone know if I will void the warranty since by the time I get it back to michigan ill be over 1,000 miles? or is it more of a 1-1,500 miles and i would be fine? Cuz its quite the hike back.
That shouldn't be a problem ...you should take it right to Waterford Hills tomorrow when you get back tho !! ( Just to visit ! ) ( unfortunately I can't be there, I'm in AZ )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts