The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I originally joined the waiting list back in late '03 and took delivery of my Ardent Red '05 with only the Sport Pack in January of '05 from FVMC. After a little more than two years with the car, during which my wife and I had a great time doing a number of group drives and events with other Lotus owners around the midwest and a killer trip to The Dragon, I reluctantly sold the car to go RallyCross racing. I always knew that I'd buy another Elise some day and have continued to read LotusTalk almost daily.

I've been keeping my eye on the market and looking for the right car all summer and yesterday I picked up an awesome '07 in Nightfall Blue with Touring Pack (red leather), Hard top, Star Shield, and a number of nice mods from FVMC. I picked it up yesterday and put another 50 miles or so on it last night after making the drive back from Fox Valley. What a great car! If it is possible, it handles and communicates to the driver even better than I had built up in my mind. It sure is good to be back in the Lotus fold. We should get a Milwaukee/Chicago group drive going this fall.

A special thanks to Dan (tesprit) for all of his help in evaluating cars and explaining all of the tricks and tips that he's learned about them over the years, Jim Nuccio and Scott and FVMC for a smooth and professional sales process, T.J. at FVMC for helping me find the right car, and LT member swede - the original owner of the car who has been most helpful in sorting through all of his great mods.

Here's a quick iPhone pic that I took in the FVMC parking lot after we signed the papers on Saturday:

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
It was great to be part of this and to be there when JWA picked up his "new" car. The folks at FVMC were great as usual and I would like to thank T.J. for the technical tips he gave me for some upcoming work on my car. It's great to have you back in a Lotus again Josh! :clap:

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Josh, welcome back to the fold.
Michael
Thanks Michael. Probably not the perfect thread, but after one day using the car for daily driver duties the advantages of your new remote-operated trunk release project that Dan told me about (and I've seen you mention on here) were obvious. I'm keen to see the final outcome. Sounds very cool.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I got the coolest initials W.O.T. so tell everyone that they mean Wide Open Throttle :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts