The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you problem don't know me but i sold my evora last summer and got a granturismo S, Well I just traded that in for this badboy today

Pearl White, Black wheels

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,544 Posts
Looks non descript. What is it? Don't know hood emblem. Gonna say McLaren?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Yeah. It's a McLaren. I had a chance to drive one of those bad boys on a track last year. The handling is as close to a Lotus as anything I have ever driven, so he won't be disappointed.

Congrats to the OP!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Either that or an excellent Chinese knockoff.

Nice ride! Indeed look forward to hearing the comparison.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Good choice :bow:
Started looking at the 12C since the 650S came out. Still might be a bit above my pay scale, but I think prices are coming down a bit (I'm sure they will rise again on such a classic car) Hope I can jump in before its not too late :D

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Yeah. It's a McLaren. I had a chance to drive one of those bad boys on a track last year. The handling is as close to a Lotus as anything I have ever driven, so he won't be disappointed.

Congrats to the OP!
Yup and the Ferrari 246GTS Dino is the only other car that handles like a "Lotus", what should be said, is an "F-1 car".

But that should not be surprising, those are the only car manufactures that have multiple F-1 titles that build "sports cars". I don't count Renault or Mercedes... they have never built "driver's" cars.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
They fold automatic when you click the lock button on ur key
I was really commenting on the silly implementation. Folding mirrors are only useful when they actually retract. This one seems like it just rotates the mirror housing a full 90 degrees, so I don't see the point of it other than for vanity use.

Nevertheless I don't have the fortune of owning one so I really wouldn't know if I'm right or wrong but I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Don't get me wrong I love to own a 12C any day if I had money to burn. But stupid design is stupid design. Smart thinking would have the extended arms retract inward, not the housing.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
In any case as long as what matters is good who really cares right?

The Evora has many stupidly designed components but I won't go there. Been there already too many times haha

·
Premium Member
7,544 Posts
Aerodynamics and weight is more important to the racer's mind than your unstable (unless weighty) hinge. It actually leaves a smooth surface exposed which is far less likely to hook a blouse (god forbid maybe causing a wardrobe malfunction!) On second thought, leave the mirror out!! hehe

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Yup and the Ferrari 246GTS Dino is the only other car that handles like a "Lotus", what should be said, is an "F-1 car".

But that should not be surprising, those are the only car manufactures that have multiple F-1 titles that build "sports cars". I don't count Renault or Mercedes... they have never built "driver's" cars.
Sigh...the Lotus that built those 7 F1 Constructor Championships has little to do with the Lotus road car builder of today. The last Lotus F1 title was likely before you were born. Renault? Look up the R5. A monster driver car. Mercedes having never built a 'drivers' car. You ARE kidding, right? Ever heard of AMG? No? How about the 300 SL Gull Wing? Or the modern Gull Wing?

·
Insurance Pro
35 Posts
Nice choice!
I thought about getting a McLaren as my next upgrade from the Evora.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts