The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I'm super super stoked.

I test drove it and got my trade in appraised on Thurs, but it was like a monsoon outside, so couldn't drive it in a spirited manner.

It's a yellow 05 non S (still learning the lingo, hope that's how you say it). Buying it from Lotus of Bethesda, in Maryland. I work like 5 min away so it's crazy convenient.

We already agreed upon pricing (trade in and all) so I hope I can be in and out this morning in less than 2 hours.

Pics to come!

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
And I'm super super stoked.

I test drove it and got my trade in appraised on Thurs, but it was like a monsoon outside, so couldn't drive it in a spirited manner.

It's a yellow 05 non S (still learning the lingo, hope that's how you say it). Buying it from Lotus of Bethesda, in Maryland. I work like 5 min away so it's crazy convenient.

We already agreed upon pricing (trade in and all) so I hope I can be in and out this morning in less than 2 hours.

Pics to come!
Congrats, and another local Lotus. You'll love it, and you've got a lot of driving season left to enjoy it. Be sure to hit the usual Cars and Coffees...Katie's in Great Falls, and even though it's a bit of a hike, get to Hunt Valley Cars and Coffee at least once, it's big.

Join the DC Chapter of Lotus Ltd, you'll be kept up to date on its biggest event of the year, the picnic at a member's house in Ellicott City in August or September. It started as an all Lotus thing, but anything and everything interesting and exotic shows up.

Oh, and there was no 'S' designation. There was a sport package option, but it wasn't a model designation.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Maybe he meant no s as in no supercharger which wasn't offered that year anyway. Anyway welcome to the club! Look for the uberpost if you haven't already done so for faq's

·
Registered
322 Posts
Congratulations! Drive it until the turn signals pop out, the tow links fail, the radiator breaks, the oil lines rupture and the air conditioner quits!!!!

You gotta love British sports cars...

It will probably be the most fun you'll have in a car. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all! It is quite a beautiful machine. Photo time!

Out with the old, in with the new! (red Cr-Z is my trade) - peekaboo!

Maiden voyage - straight from dealer to Paris Valley, western Va; GREAT choice.

Nothing like some rolling hills (and sparse traffic) to drive this sweet machine on!

So my first day was a success. Also a nice-looking camaro driver waved at me, like I was one of them... is that normal? Haha! I waved back... but thought it was odd.

Also I let two of my driving-enthusiast friends take her for a ride; they loved the handling SOOOO much. Also they both are pros @ MT otherwise I would not have been as generous, haha.

So very excited for my future adventures in this thing. Now start the mod suggestions!! :) I hoped to buy OEM but it's close - just an exhaust and harness bar & stereo so far it seems. Next up CAI, ECU reflash thing, and I'm considering new seats; these are a bit spartan for me!

Suggestions welcome.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Congratulation!!!

...and I'm considering new seats; these are a bit spartan for me!
Seats that fit are very limited... try the 06 probax seats as they have a different type of padding which is supposed to be very good :)

In terms of aftermarket seats anything that fits the Elise is a race seat... and they generally make the standard seats look and feel luxurious ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great info! I'll look into that one, thanks! My left thigh seems to rest on the left lip of the seat and wants to go numb is all :/

·
Registered
505 Posts
welcome,car looks great,best color of the lot,but im biased lol (put your location in your profile or the profile nazis will be onto you)

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,691 Posts
Welcome! I'm glad Jamie at EuroMotorcars was able to put you into your beautiful Elise. Join us at Katie's (yes, insanely early - 6:30AM Saturdays, at 760 Walker Road Great Falls, VA) and at Fair Lakes (Sundays , starting at 8:00AM, 12551 Fair Lakes Circle Fairfax, VA). Good turnouts of Lotus at both, with really interesting cars.

--Bob Collum

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
...and I'm considering new seats; these are a bit spartan for me!

Suggestions welcome.
Here's a tip: Don't sell your old seats until you find new ones. As Aedo said, your choices are very limited and they are very expensive. Only small seats will fit and look appropriate in the car, which is why your old seats will be sought out by modding Miata owners like a school of ravenous piranhas.

A better solution may be to have a simple seat pad made from 1" memory foam and covered in complimentary upholstery material. This will boost you up a little (especially on long drives) and keep the seat pinch to a minimum. When your not using the pad you can simply toss it behind the seats. Try driving your car first with a folded towel to see if that works. If it does the fix can be easy.

I have super-spartan Composite Worx CF seats and they are surprisingly comfortable except for a bit of pinch on long drives. The optional seat pad works great for me.

Here's two shots: Without and with the pad.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet thanks guys!

I've been getting soo much attention driving through dc, people breaking their necks while I drive by it seems like haha. Also some drivers wave to me as if I'm one of them...? It seems like new camaro drivers especially, haha.

I've let a few friends drive it and more ride (if they don't know MT I am not teaching them!! Haha) and my car enthusiast friends absolutely love it. I try not to talk about my finances at a rule of thumb but if they ask, normally it's because they want one, I tell them and they're shocked it's not three times as much. Such a deal! Whoever designed the body of this car was a visionary. Nine years later and people assume it's new, that's pretty difficult to do.

So in love. I'm so glad I drive to work, the traffic can't even wipe the smile off my face

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Welcome! I'm glad Jamie at EuroMotorcars was able to put you into your beautiful Elise. Join us at Katie's (yes, insanely early - 6:30AM Saturdays, at 760 Walker Road Great Falls, VA) and at Fair Lakes (Sundays , starting at 8:00AM, 12551 Fair Lakes Circle Fairfax, VA). Good turnouts of Lotus at both, with really interesting cars.

--Bob Collum
Congrats, my Elise was Saffron also! Enjoy the car and dont be affraid to rack up those miles! I've put on 4k since March and it's only a weekend car!

Bob, we had 5 Lotus at Kohls yesterday, where were you??

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,691 Posts
Congrats, my Elise was Saffron also! Enjoy the car and dont be affraid to rack up those miles! I've put on 4k since March and it's only a weekend car!

Bob, we had 5 Lotus at Kohls yesterday, where were you??
Tyler - sorry, family obligations. Wife and sister-in-law birthday, we have a combined party every year, up in Columbia, MD. I hope we can continue to have good Lotus turnouts at Kohl's.

We will have another Get Your Lotus Out event at Kohl's, some Sunday in late August or early September. I still have to work out what Sundays don't interfere with British car shows, track days and autocrosses.

--Bob Collum

1 - 20 of 20 Posts