The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the honeymoon we're going to Tokyo, Nagano, Oosaka, and who knows. What might you suggest we do? We'll be there from 9/18 to the 28th.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Look into climbing / driving up Fuji-san. Also consider trying one of their hot springs (a hotel/spa with natural (very) hot springs. A very different experience.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
i think it too late in the year to climb fuji - but if you can... its a bucket list item!

honestly, i would say just follow all the tour guide books. there is so much to see and do, just go through a few of the books and pick out whats interesting to you. lots of great temples, shrines, gardens, parks. and a hot spring / resort thing is a great recommendation as well.

personally... i might say - skip covering a lot of big cities, and focus on getting a little deeper . i mean, you are not going to really find anything significant in any other city outside of tokyo (like osaka or nagoya...)... its all the stuff out in the country side thats cool and there is so much with in day trip of tokyo range. hit up kyoto, and country side around there etc... just some thoughts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Stay at least one night at the Park Hyatt Tokyo...:up:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Stay at least one night at the Park Hyatt Tokyo...:up:
I would skip the fancy Westernized hotels and stick to ryokans (inns) when you can, if possible.

Try Miyajima Island off the coast of Hiroshima. It is a little touristy (Japanese tourists, but not really tons of Westerners tourists) (also be careful of the deer that will come up to you in the streets and steal any food you may have in bags - they're harmless and friendly but they do want food), but still beautiful if you're willing to get out and walk around a lot. There are some very easy and nice hiking trails there, as well as many VERY OLD temples/shrines, too.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
please bring back some craftsquare mirrors!

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,600 Posts
Try one of the all-you-can eat joints. You pick out your food and grill it at your table. Try the green melon soda. Super sweet and you can only get it in a restaurant. Try the beer (Asahi). It's stronger there and you can't get real Japanese beer here (exp. American Asahi is bottled in Canada).

If you climb Fuji, go early and be ready. It's a decent climb to the top.

Don't scrape your hashi (chopsticks) against each other, it implies you think they're of inferior quality. Never stick your hashi into food where they're sticking up in the air. Never pass food from your hashi to your friend's hashi, it's reserved for burial ceremonies and passing of bones.

Slurping your soup/ramen is ok. Picking up the bowl and drinking from it is fine also. Don't tip.

Careful where you park. If you get towed it's your responsibility to find your car and the fine will be stiff.

San

·
Registered
261 Posts
Check out Tokyo Super Autobacs! Its like a Walmart for cars. They have a cafe upstairs with automotive art. I picked up some really high quality original car art.

Im not so sure about the area near the shop so go during the afternoon. There will be plenty of parking at the shop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts