The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm gonna order an Elise this week...in either storm Titanium, Laser blue, or one of the other blues (can't remember the name). What dealership anywere in the US has a short wait and sells at list. Rothrock told me a year and a half at least (they said some other dealerships might be shorter)....I might head up to Princeton this week. Plus I didn't like the way Rothrock treated me I got the feeling they thought I couldn't afford it.

So I'm gonna put my 350z on e-bay this month.....anyone know someone looking for a Sunset Orange 2003 loaded track model with over $10,000 in add ons let me know.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Plus if I order it in ST can I also order black wheels from the factory? I'm gonna get the sport package.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Black wheels are not an option in the USA from Lotus. That *may* change in the future, which may then be available when you place an order.

As far as dealers, you can try to find out when a new dealership is announced. One just was (Galpin) but the waiting list filled up in a few days. You can also or alternately, review the dealer list in our dealer forum and call around for waiting list quotes and MSRP.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you selling it?

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Mike

A couple of notes.

Rothrock has in the past been more interested in selling Corvettes than Lotus. Their sales people make comments like, and they did say this to me a couple of years back, " You want a yellow lotus because more people will look at you. That's what these cars are all about." That proved to me that these guys had no idea what they were selling or who their market was.

Princeton has been great to me (I'm #1 on their list but ordered lazer blue so am still waiting for my car). They recently lost their head of Lotus sales to a sudden heart attack but Ramsey has taken over and done a very good job filling some big shoes. They are holding MSRP and have a great service and part staff. The owner actually races vintage Lotus so you're dealing with real enthusiests (sp). I'm headed up there this week to test drive their demo and would be happy to meet you there and help answer any questions. PM me if you want to talk about it.

Lazer Blue may be tough to get since it was only offered for a limited time and I doubt if it'll be around next year. Note, it is not offered anywhere in the world officially for 2004.

Options and colors will likely change for late 2005 and 2006 cars.

Robert

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
While I do not doubt Robert's words, Rothrock treated me spectacularly, delivered MSRP and never lied. Each sales person is different, and they come and go a lot. Mine never tried to sway me to a Vette, and they have plenty of them.

I live west of West Chester if you want to see mine, but go to Rothrock if you want to drive it ;)

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Surferjer said:
While I do not doubt Robert's words, Rothrock treated me spectacularly, delivered MSRP and never lied. Each sales person is different, and they come and go a lot. Mine never tried to sway me to a Vette, and they have plenty of them.

I live west of West Chester if you want to see mine, but go to Rothrock if you want to drive it ;)
Jer is absolutely right. The last sales experience I had with them was 4-5 years ago. about 18 months ago I tried to have them work on my Elite but after considering it for 3 days, the service manager said he was "afraid he might break something he couldn't replace". Not conifdence inspiring. I know that Mr. Papa (sales manager) was pretty good but he kinda goes in and out of the place. If you're local, try both and then decide. one day won't make any difference.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know what I don't like...... that when I went in there the Elise was all ready outside (probably becuase someone else took it on a demo). They were ignoring me.... even when I asked were the elise was, and asked to see a saleman who sold them. Never once did the salesman offer me a ride , instead he acted like I was bothering him. I'm guessing the fact that I didn't look like the suit type, he didn't have time for me. I am still young(26), and wear some earings and have a leg sleave. I just find It humorous when a car dealer treats me like **** becuase I have spent more money on cars in the last 9 years than your average buyer. In the last three years alone I've bought a fully loaded 60th wrangler, a 2004 loaded WRX, and a fully loaded 350z Track....none of these vehicles stayed stock for more than a month. I'm into vehicles....be it a lifted jeep with 33's and lockers...or a wrx whipping out 0-60 times in 4.6 seconds. The fact is I buy a lot of cars...and when I do come around to buying a new Corvette (I'm actually looking at my first vette...a beatiful 71) I can assure you it will not be at Rothrock. I'm gonna call the dealer in Pittsburgh this week....300 miles away becuase I hear they treat people right.

PS I think I'll pass I want one with the sport pack/Leather/and LS rear...I can wait for what I want

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Looks matter. No sense in getting bothered by it. I dealt with that for a long time. It was a relief to get a little older so that people did not assume the young kid in the tie worked at the Target. The relief was brief though and then I realized being considered to be too young was not all bad. :)

P.S. What is a leg sleeve?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I wouldn't let him near my car!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
PhillyPhreak said:
Hey I'm gonna order an Elise this week...in either storm Titanium, Laser blue, or one of the other blues (can't remember the name). What dealership anywere in the US has a short wait and sells at list. Rothrock told me a year and a half at least (they said some other dealerships might be shorter)....

why does this post sound to me like Philly thinks he will walk into a dealership and place an order for an Elise without taking into account that every lotus dealer has a wait list that is running at least 18 months before vehicle arrival?

·
Registered
758 Posts
PhillyPhreak said:
You know what I don't like...... that when I went in there the Elise was all ready outside (probably becuase someone else took it on a demo). They were ignoring me.... even when I asked were the elise was, and asked to see a saleman who sold them. Never once did the salesman offer me a ride , instead he acted like I was bothering him. I'm guessing the fact that I didn't look like the suit type, he didn't have time for me. I am still young(26), and wear some earings and have a leg sleave. I just find It humorous when a car dealer treats me like **** becuase I have spent more money on cars in the last 9 years than your average buyer. In the last three years alone I've bought a fully loaded 60th wrangler, a 2004 loaded WRX, and a fully loaded 350z Track....none of these vehicles stayed stock for more than a month. I'm into vehicles....be it a lifted jeep with 33's and lockers...or a wrx whipping out 0-60 times in 4.6 seconds. The fact is I buy a lot of cars...and when I do come around to buying a new Corvette (I'm actually looking at my first vette...a beatiful 71) I can assure you it will not be at Rothrock. I'm gonna call the dealer in Pittsburgh this week....300 miles away becuase I hear they treat people right.

PS I think I'll pass I want one with the sport pack/Leather/and LS rear...I can wait for what I want
LOL :D

At least I'm not the only one. When I go to the dealer, everyone gets a call on their cel-phone which requires that they walk around the dealer keeping a close eye on me.

I feel obligated to ignore all the 'DO NOT TOUCH' signs just to see what the men-in-black do.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts