The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 38 Posts

· Registered
758 Posts
PhillyPhreak said:
You know what I don't like...... that when I went in there the Elise was all ready outside (probably becuase someone else took it on a demo). They were ignoring me.... even when I asked were the elise was, and asked to see a saleman who sold them. Never once did the salesman offer me a ride , instead he acted like I was bothering him. I'm guessing the fact that I didn't look like the suit type, he didn't have time for me. I am still young(26), and wear some earings and have a leg sleave. I just find It humorous when a car dealer treats me like **** becuase I have spent more money on cars in the last 9 years than your average buyer. In the last three years alone I've bought a fully loaded 60th wrangler, a 2004 loaded WRX, and a fully loaded 350z Track....none of these vehicles stayed stock for more than a month. I'm into vehicles....be it a lifted jeep with 33's and lockers...or a wrx whipping out 0-60 times in 4.6 seconds. The fact is I buy a lot of cars...and when I do come around to buying a new Corvette (I'm actually looking at my first vette...a beatiful 71) I can assure you it will not be at Rothrock. I'm gonna call the dealer in Pittsburgh this week....300 miles away becuase I hear they treat people right.

PS I think I'll pass I want one with the sport pack/Leather/and LS rear...I can wait for what I want
LOL :D

At least I'm not the only one. When I go to the dealer, everyone gets a call on their cel-phone which requires that they walk around the dealer keeping a close eye on me.

I feel obligated to ignore all the 'DO NOT TOUCH' signs just to see what the men-in-black do.

· Registered
758 Posts
Vantage said:
Age has little to do with it, IMO, if you have the right attitude.
Well, when I first went in, I didn't touch anything, just looked around. Every dealer (other than Nick) got a 'phone call' after I walked in.

I was watched closely by two or three dealers (each on the phone) as if I was scoping out which ride would be best used as a get away car. This was way before I could I had a chance to have an attitude.

After a few minutes, Nick came to talk to me.

Even now, when I go in and start looking at the Elise, I get watched. If I interact with anyone but Nick, the first thing they do is say "If you're interested, get on the list". When I tell them I am, they act very suprised.

I get the same treatment at Porsche dealers, and pretty much anyone but VW.

The only reason, is because of how I look. I'm not old, I have a skinhead, and I don't do shirt and ties. This isn't just true of car dealers. It's the moron generation that believes people who wear ties have brains, age is proportional to respect, lack of age is criminal, political-correctness isn't racist, and etc.

· Registered
758 Posts
Orriginally, I was thinking that it was what I was wearing that gave rise to the treatment I received. But I've just remembered that I placed my deposite with Symbolic about an hour after I became a citizen. So I was actually wearing a shirt a tie !!!

Anyway, I wasn't 'turned off' because I'm treated the same at all dealers other than vw.

1 - 3 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.