The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this might seem like a strange post.

I've owned several cool and unique cars through the years and some have had more of an impact on me than others. In particular, I owned an '87 Esprit that I sold in '92 to a gentleman in Utah. I'm wondering what ever happened to this car. I'm sure it has to do with me spending time on this forum and really enjoying my '03 which happens to be the same color combo (Racing green and cream).

Would anyone know how to track down this Esprit? I've spent a lot of time searching the web and various forums but haven't had much success. Partially just for curiosity sake, partially to let current owner know I may be interested in reacquiring should it ever be available.

Car had around 34,000 miles when I sold it and Vin ended 61045

Thanks for any info,

David

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There seems to be several "Lotus" forums. I was hoping the one I happen to spend the most time on would be a good start. I'll probably will have to check several different ones! I appreciate the recommendation though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump:

I'm still searching for this car (full VIN SCCFC20AHHF61045). I've tried several of the Lotus forums with no luck. To the best of my knowledge, it looks like there was a "registration event/renewal" in July of 2005 in Brigham City, Utah. I've run a Carfax and an AutoCheck (Thx Shoof), but haven't learned much from else from those reports.

If anyone has any other suggestions on how to track down this car it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
50 Posts
looking for a Lotus

You may want to give Steve Harris Imports in Salt Lake City a call. They used to be a Lotus dealer and still offer factory service. Their phone # is 801 521 0340. Ask for Craig in Service. If the Esprit in question has ever been in there for any work, he would know about it.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Wherever you post, start with a better subject line. I'd suggest something like "I am looking for a specific 1987 Esprit".

Hi all, this might seem like a strange post.

I've owned several cool and unique cars through the years and some have had more of an impact on me than others. In particular, I owned an '87 Esprit that I sold in '92 to a gentleman in Utah. I'm wondering what ever happened to this car. I'm sure it has to do with me spending time on this forum and really enjoying my '03 which happens to be the same color combo (Racing green and cream).

Would anyone know how to track down this Esprit? I've spent a lot of time searching the web and various forums but haven't had much success. Partially just for curiosity sake, partially to let current owner know I may be interested in reacquiring should it ever be available.

Car had around 34,000 miles when I sold it and Vin ended 61045

Thanks for any info,

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts