The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come. I will be moving to Tampa at the end of next month so there will be another CO elise in the area! I hope the Lotus scene there is pretty active, I like to organize meets here locally usually about once a month. Looking forward to meeting everyone, and looking forward to being close to the beach again!

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Well, I just googled this:

List of Florida's highest points - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and while I envy you for the weather and the ocean which you will be able to enjoy, Florida doesn't really seem to have many mountain canyon drive opportunities.

(sorry, I'm just trying to tell myself that it's a good thing living close to the alps, even though I'm really jealous about the rest of it...)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a place over in Clearwater.. but I don't have my Lotus down there.. just a clunker AM. :D

Welcome to the area.. it gets REALLY hot and humid.. and wear a lot of sun screen even when walking around.

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I just googled this:

List of Florida's highest points - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and while I envy you for the weather and the ocean which you will be able to enjoy, Florida doesn't really seem to have many mountain canyon drive opportunities.

(sorry, I'm just trying to tell myself that it's a good thing living close to the alps, even though I'm really jealous about the rest of it...)
The wife and I are both beach people so we will be just fine!

I have a place over in Clearwater.. but I don't have my Lotus down there.. just a clunker AM. :D

Welcome to the area.. it gets REALLY hot and humid.. and wear a lot of sun screen even when walking around.
We have both lived in florida before, I was in orlando for a few years so I'm just coming back! I missed it!

Need to organize a LT meet sometime after I get there so I can meet everyone.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have only attended a handful of meets but I've met entirely different people each time. I think this means there are a lot of owners in the area but we aren't very organized or good at spreading the word when something is going on. It's hard to know what's coming up unless you check the Florida forum all the time and I know I don't do that cause there is very little activity. I wonder if we should start a mailing list to grab everyone's attention?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have only attended a handful of meets but I've met entirely different people each time. I think this means there are a lot of owners in the area but we aren't very organized or good at spreading the word when something is going on. It's hard to know what's coming up unless you check the Florida forum all the time and I know I don't do that cause there is very little activity. I wonder if we should start a mailing list to grab everyone's attention?
I agree with Justin- there's a lot of Lotis in the area but it's tough getting more than 4-5 together at one time, and usually those are at duPont or Reeves. Everyone always seem to have other plans. It would be good to plan something before lovebug season kicks in

Justin- I heard you were at Festivals of Speed, sorry I missed you. I was there but on the opposite end of the field than y'all. Right now my Lotus is in the shop for a fuel leak.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome,
Let me know when you get their so we can try to set something up.
mostly only factory stock cars here.

Laser Bob
I resemble that remark, to muck overtime issues.
I can make more meets if someone would give me a wakeup call for the early am meets. LOL some kind of reminder.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
there is a decent group size wise in tampa but en masse we're not very active unfortunately :/ although it seems to be getting better through the spring.

im always down for a meet up if my work schedule permits! I`m in south tampa

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I am usually the organizer here. Before I got my Elise, there was no lotus scene here except for one or two cars at the cars and coffee. I got everyone somewhat organized and turned it into this (which is a huge turnout for this area!):

Hopefully we can plan a meet enough in advance where everyone can be off of work and actually plan for it.

Here, I created a group for everyone on FB as usually its an easier way to stay in touch. I did a group for the area here as well because alot of the people from our group weren't even on LT. It worked out great to organize get togethers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lotusownersoftampa/

Good idea? Everyone here have a facebook?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm one of those that Bob mentioned- I usually only attend the duPont and Reeves C&C meets. It would be nice to have a leader to pull us lotus owners together. Welcome to Tampa!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome back to FL. In the Palm Harbor area of N Pinellas here. Just sent request to your FB group.
I actually should be pretty close to that area.

I'm one of those that Bob mentioned- I usually only attend the duPont and Reeves C&C meets. It would be nice to have a leader to pull us lotus owners together. Welcome to Tampa!
I'll be glad to take the lead :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just sent my FB request in too.
sounds great but my time is limited to about every other weekend. :(

those that can DO! those that can't just increase my work load and for about the same pay... it just dont seem right!

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Welcome, I sent request on FB also.

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got everyone added. If you guys see any other lotus owners at meets/drives and such, tell them about the group on fb. All you have to do is search Lotus owners tampa on there and the group will come up. I'm sure there are quite a few owners around there that are not on LT that we can add to the group.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I'm back in town. I have to check my schedule to see if I'll be able to make it to the next few cars and coffees..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts