The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 6 months ago I sold the Elise. Thought I'd consolidate my boring Scion and fun Elise into an in-between MINI. Plus girlfriend got a spot in the garage. Everybody happy.

I missed the Elise. Then the girlfriend decided to move out and I got an empty spot in the garage, so I tracked down the buyer and miraculously he agreed to sell the Lotus back to me. I looked at other cars, but I put a decent amount of work into mine and I know all the gremlins already, so getting my car back made a lot more sense to me.

Happy family:

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
That is a funny story!!!! Glad you have your car back. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, and being singe with a Lotus makes so much more sense. ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL... what did the guy say when you asked for it back? Didn't he like it?
That makes me feel a bit guilty - there is a good chance he didn't fully realize what he just did. But he does have couple other toys left, so hopefully he won't be too sad. It was a shot in the dark for me - I had no expectations that he'll agree to reverse the transaction 6 months later.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I like your choice in cars.

I traded in my 2005 MINI on the Elise and was surprised how much smaller the Elise looked. I wish I had been able to keep the MINI.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Congrats! (on being single again as well as the car. Win/Win!)
I like the Mini's a lot as well. Would love to pick one up as I'm sure I'd easily make the payment on one just making graphics kits, emblems, paint film kits, etc for them. Did one up as a Challenge car recently and it was a real fun project.

Where in Atlanta are you? I'm north of the city in John's Creek (formerly known as Duluth) Hope to see you on our drives sometime (when I actually make one again)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In a year that I had the Elise (all of 2008) I haven't made a single drive :( But being single now I'm sure I'll be a lot more active. I'm in Conyers, so it's a haul from the north ATL, but driving is fun.

I unsubscribed from the ATL Lotus group on yahoo, so PM me if you plan to go to one of the meets and I'll be sure to attend.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
:up:

·
Registered
492 Posts
About 6 months ago I sold the Elise. Thought I'd consolidate my boring Scion and fun Elise into an in-between MINI. Plus girlfriend got a spot in the garage. Everybody happy.

I missed the Elise. Then the girlfriend decided to move out and I got an empty spot in the garage, so I tracked down the buyer and miraculously he agreed to sell the Lotus back to me. I looked at other cars, but I put a decent amount of work into mine and I know all the gremlins already, so getting my car back made a lot more sense to me.

Happy family:

Your garage looks very familiar !

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
That makes me feel a bit guilty - there is a good chance he didn't fully realize what he just did. But he does have couple other toys left, so hopefully he won't be too sad. It was a shot in the dark for me - I had no expectations that he'll agree to reverse the transaction 6 months later.
Sorry mate.. didn't mean to make you feel guilty. I have just found that most people with these cars tend to keep them! If someone rang me up wanting to buy back my own sportscar - I'd start to wonder what I was missing about the car that made it so special... or at least where the drugs were hidden.

SM.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts