The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the Exhaust but do i need to change the whole system
including HEADER , Decat or just the Muffler and the tip.

Thx and sorry for my stupid Q.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
You work fast......on 2/20 you were still looking for a Elise. And now you're changing the header on one already???? As Aretha Franklin sang....Who's Zoomin' Who?

·
Registered
487 Posts
You can change just the muffler & tips (they are welded togther). The factory header and cat are seperate units but can stay if you wish.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You work fast......on 2/20 you were still looking for a Elise. And now you're changing the header on one already???? As Aretha Franklin sang....Who's Zoomin' Who?
i just closed the deal.Problably by next week i should get the car. Just try to get ready.Can't wait!! I've heard alot about the Elise.too excited.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
If you haven't even gotten your car yet and don't seem to have much experience with them ("I've heard a lot about the Elise"), why do you want to change the exhaust? Sound? Ok. Performance? No. Horsepower? No. The stock exhaust is fine for many people as the aftermarket exhausts only change the sound of the car.

Not trying to discourage you in any way. Just hope you'll get to know your car a little first.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I say change the muffler. Also desnorkle the air box. They sound much better and you'll enjoy the experience of your Lotus even more. You'll also be amazed at how heavy the OEM muffler is.

Two places to start are:
Blackwatchracing.com
Sector111.com

I recommend the 2bular or the Arqray exhaust systems. depending on budget and noise preference. Do a search on this forum for a lot of reviews, sound clips and pictures.

You can also do the switch yourself. If I can do it anyone can. Use WD-40 to help separate the old muffler from the U-bend.

congrats on the new car :shift:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I say change the muffler. Also desnorkle the air box. They sound much better and you'll enjoy the experience of your Lotus even more. You'll also be amazed at how heavy the OEM muffler is.

Two places to start are:
Blackwatchracing.com
Sector111.com

I recommend the 2bular or the Arqray exhaust systems. depending on budget and noise preference. Do a search on this forum for a lot of reviews, sound clips and pictures.

You can also do the switch yourself. If I can do it anyone can. Use WD-40 to help separate the old muffler from the U-bend.

congrats on the new car :shift:
Thx!!!:bow: for your help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts