The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm new to the forum but have owned a Lotus Esprit about 20 years ago. I'd like to buy another one but know I need the help of other Lotus owners as these are unique cars. The first thing I need to do is find a good local Lotus mechanic in the Cleveland area. Can anyone make any recommendations?

Plus I'm looking to buy a Lotus Elan M-100 but open to other cars as well, like a Europa (I love those cars but never drove nor owner one). It's possible I could step up to an Elise if I can't find one of the aforementioned cars. Does anyone know of a any local cars for sale?

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
Welcome to LT! Check in the For Sale section but you'll need ten post minimum to list or respond in the marketplace. You might want to place a WTB if you know what you're looking for to broaden your chances once you reach ten posts.

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
Thanks, 90% were done by PO I did the REV300 early to current mods, splitter, diffuser and V2 arms. I did a WTB and sought out a modded car mainly due to SO requiring no projects and that garage floor had to be ground and epoxied. Five months later it was down to two cars and I trailered this from TN to NC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's nice to see you guys modifying these cars and that there's so much stuff available. That wasn't the case with the older Lotus'. I come from the Porsche and Ferrari world and almost everyone prefers there cars stock because they performed fine stock. Is there a big all stock following in the new Lotus world starting with the Elise or is modifying cars just as popular. I'm assumimg there's a lot of performance to unleash plus a lot are used as track cars.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
It's nice to see you guys modifying these cars and that there's so much stuff available. That wasn't the case with the older Lotus'. I come from the Porsche and Ferrari world and almost everyone prefers there cars stock because they performed fine stock. Is there a big all stock following in the new Lotus world starting with the Elise or is modifying cars just as popular. I'm assumimg there's a lot of performance to unleash plus a lot are used as track cars.
Mods are fun, but not everything makes the car faster. Some mods make it slower. To paraphase an IndyCar engineer I know well, "If your trying make up tenths of a second a lap, work on the car. If your trying to make up seconds a lap, work on the driver."

Best money I have spent to go faster has been on driver coaching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts