The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well It only took a weekend and 1,000 miles to make me a Lotus Owner...

I just purchased this 2005 Magnetic Blue Elise. Its even got the Touring wheels. ;)

So far I'm impressed with this vehicle. I will be doing some of the seat mods I've seen on this forum for the 05 cars...as I do have back issues and the Lumbar support is too high for my comfort...causing me more discomfort than anything else.

I'm now 1 of 2 Elises in my town of 100,000. Which is pretty cool.

A little about me. I used to be a suspension mechanic, but my body wouldn't allow that as a career, so I kept going to school and am now an RN, I currently work for a group of Cardiologists.

One note to all my fellow Lotus Owners. IF THE CAR IS DIRTY, DO NOT PUT A CAR COVER ON IT!!!!!!!!!!! I get to repair the almost continuous scratches over the fenders caused by the P.O. installing and removing a cover on a dirty car....makes me cry a little on the inside seeing it.

pics taken w/ my phone outside of my brother's house (he lives in DFW where I picked the car up.)

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
IF THE CAR IS DIRTY, DO NOT PUT A CAR COVER ON IT!!!!!!!!!!! I get to repair the almost continuous scratches over the fenders caused by the P.O. installing and removing a cover on a dirty car
clay bar kit.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Welcome :wave:

Is that a Lanari exhaust I see?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, Larini exhaust came w/ the car. sounds fantastic. best sounding NA 4cyl I've ever heard.

I'm hoping the weather will improve over the next few days. so I can get down and dirty on cleaning it up. I'll do my typical routine of wash, clay bar, and light polish, wax, sealant. Honestly don't think I'll ever use the Car cover. This is my daily Driver (except today, its icy here and I drove the Z to work.) and I have a garage, so no need for cloth covering the car.

Parts, well My wife pulled the reins in on me a little...I'm going to do an oil change, and check the air filter (try out the sound w/ removed snorkel). I honestly haven't found anything that I can say it "needs" other than the seat rework.

I tinkered with the programming of the alarm last night. I wanted some sort of confirmation that I had locked the doors (it was turned to mute). I'm not exactly sure what all the passive/active arming stuff is, so I set it all back to factory specs.

I will be signing up for some track time, once I get used to the car @ the autox. (I want to make mistakes @ low speeds before I make them @ high speeds). I've been autox'ing for a few years off and on...but never in a mid/rear config car. so it may take some getting used to. I'm hoping that by next year I'll get some track time in. I went to H2R w/ a group of miata's awhile back, and that was a beautiful track, I'd kill to take the Lotus out on that (once I learn the car a bit more).

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I would like a short shifter kit. this one isn't bad. but shorter is better.

Wife agreed I can have a supercharger...which is AWESOME...but It will be a cpl years.

That clam hinge is just plain cool.

Oh, just reminded me of one thing I do need. ipod adapter and aftermarket speakers. radio stations in my town are horrendous. CD's are cumbersome. OE speakers are decent at best.

I'd also like the sector 111 trunk liner thing, but I'll wait to find a used one. can't justify $100.00 for it...

HID's are in the plans as well...I require rediculously bright lights!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very nice choice in color!! Mine is magnetic blue as well!

I've got a stage II exhaust right now but have considered the kind you have. Have you heard a stage II? How does it stand up to yours?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Parts, well My wife pulled the reins in on me a little...I'm going to do an oil change, and check the air filter (try out the sound w/ removed snorkel). I honestly haven't found anything that I can say it "needs" other than the seat rework.
Zaino is my detailing tool of choice. The Elise loves it.

Does your center console move when shifting? Mine did and was honestly the biggest complaint I have about the car.

Try the Stan's shifter mod and the Sector 111 reEnforcer mod together. I was absolutely STUNNED with the improvement.

Congratulations on your new Lotus!

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Congrats!

Midland... home of some of the most rare exotic cars on the planet.
:up:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't heard the Stage 2...only stock and this Larini (Lotus = rare in West Texas).

My console doesn't move...or if it does I haven't noticed it moving. Now I'm gonna look @ that. I will search for more info on this Stans mod. Saw the sector 111 mod on their website. you guys are gonna be good at spending my money! hahaha. wish i had more of it!

Back when I was in college I raced RC cars. and I was in love w/ the Original Elise. I found a body that was an Elise. and I painted it the exact same color as my real Elise now... I gotta try to find some of those pics. wish I still had the RC car for "group photos".

CodyMac - The vast majority are all owned by one guy. Very Nice man! I went to AT&T a cpl months ago and what do I see? his Bugatti Veyron just sitting there. I stopped and drooled.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Another Elise in West Texas! We'll have to start a club. I was in Midland a few weeks ago, not in the Elise, though.

·
Registered
531 Posts
If you ever come to Hobbs look me up. I would love to see your car
in person. I never get to see any other Lotus around here. I am at the
airport 7 days a week at Tailwind Aviation.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
CodyMac - The vast majority are all owned by one guy. Very Nice man! I went to AT&T a cpl months ago and what do I see? his Bugatti Veyron just sitting there. I stopped and drooled.
I think photos of it parked on the grass somewhere turned up here at one point. I've heard from a few people that he's a pretty down-to-earth car guy.
:up:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Funny thing is. ALL 3 confirmed West Texas Elise's are Blue...all different shades of blue.

I've been told there is a Red Elise that lives in Big Spring, but I have yet to see it.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts

One note to all my fellow Lotus Owners. IF THE CAR IS DIRTY, DO NOT PUT A CAR COVER ON IT!!!!!!!!!!! I get to repair the almost continuous scratches over the fenders caused by the P.O. installing and removing a cover on a dirty car....makes me cry a little on the inside seeing it.
Congrats!

I bet the other Elise owner is a bit bummed about not feeling so special anymore, but hey, now you can start a local club!

yes, Car Covers are meant to cover clean cars to keep dirt off the car.
- not to cover up the dirt!! :wallbang:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts