The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Orange on Black 06 Elise from Fox Valley. This was the car that was oiginally for sale here in IL from someone. Well at least I knew it had already been tracked before I got it. Its still in excellent condition none the less and its certified from Fox Valley so I should be good. Sorry, No pictures as of yet. Her name is "Pumpkin Black". Now all I gotta do is get that battery bracket.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Congratulations on the car! :clap:

I'm intrigued by this "orange on black" paint combo that you've mentioned.

Please post pics soon.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the pic from the original for sale ad on here....

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Original pic from for sale ad.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just have to remind myself not to ever visit the areas surrounding Fox Valley. I was judging the height of the driveway coming out of a gas station so I was going real slow. A Jeep Cherokee decided it couldnt wait a few seconds so it flew past while I was coming out the driveway almost tearing the side of the car off. Also, in the same gas station when I was pumping gas someone came flying past the pump about 3 inches from the car. Then a guy comes out the station and says nice car, how much it cost, yada yada, I forget my ID can you buy me some cigarettes. Oh yeah, and it rained all the way home, which was made more exciting by the numerous mini vans that made sure that they were driving faster than me. So I was happy to just survive the trip back.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Is the gas cover powdercoated or painted?
Nice car BTW!
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
congrats on the purchase. i am sorry i didnt get to meet you while you were in today. i am sure i will catch you next time you come by. you got a great car. i had done all of the past maint. on the car, and i did the certification inspection. the last owner was a really good guy too.
if you have any questions at all as far as maint, upgrades/mods....anything feel free to call me, or pm me here.

enjoy, and congrats
T.J.:shift:

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Congratulations on the car, and further congratulations on buying from the best dealer around. TJ is an excellent service rep.

On my cross country trip, he came on his day off, and spent a few hours with me servicing my car. He even got his guys to wash the car (first wash in a cross country trip).

I did not buy my car from them, however, the service they gave me, seemed like I bought 20 million dollars worth of cars from them. They treated me like family, when I was in a new unfamiliar town, with a hectic schedule.

Not only that, TJ has kept in touch with me since, and always gives me the best prices when I want to buy something. He goes out of his way to answer questions, and is incredibly helpful and down to earth.

My Chicago time was awesome, and had a great experience. However, I hate the weather. However, if I ever moved to Chicago, it would be for FoxValley and TJ (no I don't have a man crush on him :D)

I will be getting my Exige S240 from them. I can't say enough about them. THese guys are top notch from sales to service. Most dealerships will turn the other way, once you have bought from them, but TJ/Fox Valley is there the whole way, and truly realizes that this is a small community, and that relationships AFTER the sale is what keeps these people in business.

I did buy my car from HRM, and Robert is excellent as a sales person, but the rest of their dealership (service-my GPS falling out and almost hitting me in the shoulder, and their parts (waiting 8 months for a part), have been horrendous :( ).

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Congrats on the new addition.:clap:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wasn't it raining today? Did your car melt?

LOL! Congrats :D
LMAO.... Nah it didnt melt but she is nice and dirty from the rain and now sitting in the garage. Ill clean her up on Friday before her "Official" unveiling happens.

Btw... Im working on getting an exhaust now.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats! I seriously considered purchasing your car a couple of weeks ago while on a road trip to FVMC. I just could not commit to CO. The crew at FVMC seem great.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts