The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey brothers

Got caught up in sum blsht driving the Lotits, had to go back in for a minute. All I can say is that I'm glad I got the beast back in 1 piece from the yard after it sat for almost 3 months. Now it's time to get back to some heavy modding. I learned how to weld while I was in there from a guy who used to build oil rigs, now I just need to get a welder to practice with because he just told me how to weld. But I pretty much have it figured out. He taught me everything. I'm going to do some big time fabrication, some next level type of Lotus style make San Mateo dance like this banana :coolnana::nanner2::nanner:

Sorry if I left any of you guys hanging, I know we were supposed to meet up for some brews and I just replied to all of your PM's about the meet we were supposed to have 3 months ago at my cousins race track. We will have to re-schedule that, he's still up for it. Bring your guns cause he has a range behind the track. Welcome Back
PS Just so you all know I'm an upstanding individule, I never hit PC, did my time standing up in population, and never snitched on my guy.

2008lotusELISE

·
Registered
7,117 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
:huh:

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just what are you going to weld? I'm really curious....
I'm working on a steel front frame brace with improved shock mounts. it's almost done, I just have to do the shock mounts and then i'm done. it's almost ready, I'l let you guys see part of it when it's done but not the whole thing

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I'm working on a steel front frame brace with improved shock mounts. it's almost done, I just have to do the shock mounts and then i'm done. it's almost ready, I'l let you guys see part of it when it's done but not the whole thing
Hm.. Why?

I've not seen any failures that weren't caused by hitting something awfully hard, and even if it were reinforced, the aluminum you end up bolting your "steel frame" to will still be likely buckle.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hm.. Why?

I've not seen any failures that weren't caused by hitting something awfully hard, and even if it were reinforced, the aluminum you end up bolting your "steel frame" to will still be likely buckle.
I'm running a 1/4" steel plate under the aluminum pan all the way across the width and about 20" back from the front. I just bolted it on and it's SOLID as a tree. I don't know if you guys have noticed but the chassis for our rides is just aluminum and its all glued together, I wouldn't trust it. I'm all about good old american steel, so little by little, i'm going to be replacing aluminum with steel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts