1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
Why did you drive it so little?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Man you guys are hard. :D It looks to be pretty nicely done and I kinda like it. Not for the purist of course but we've sure seen a lot worse when it comes to customizing.
Not a big fan of the wheels though.

No way it's going anywhere near 35K...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Taking somewhat of a risk as well with no reserve. Agree, no way it will go that high.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Man you guys are hard. :D It looks to be pretty nicely done and I kinda like it. Not for the purist of course but we've sure seen a lot worse when it comes to customizing.
Not a big fan of the wheels though.

No way it's going anywhere near 35K...
Not bad, until you get here. You know how some "people" look great from all angles, and some just don't.

"honey, does this kit make my ass look big?"

Attachments

·
Registered Insane
294 Posts
I was watching the auction for a while. John Scotti was over valuing his cars by $15k-20k in his interviews. However, once you add on the buyers commission some of the cars were then close to market value. One example was the 1995 NSX with 69,000 on the odo with recent major service. He was expecting $50k-$60k which was a pipe dream. Car sold for $36,900 + 10% comm = $40,590 selling price. Probably $3k-5K under market value, but we all know exotics like the Esprit and NSX don't fare well at these auctions.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Imagine it on craigslist in Michigan with no actual details on the car. Out of the entire two paragraphs all you learn about this car is "overall good condition" and can see it's got a body kit with less than 8000K on the car.

I'm not even an Esprit expert and this one begs to be slagged!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
and the ad says the wheels are OEM? Ummmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
210 Posts
The wheels are OEM--Escalade OEM, at that. I just don't understand what possesses some people. The rocker panel in the picture resembles a hideously squeezed tube of toothpaste, while the rear's..."diffuser" (or whatever the heck they're calling that...thing...) looks like a string of white IKEA magazine holders glued to the undercarriage upside down. To make matters worse, the "press-on-nails body kit" is painted a slightly different shade of white than the rest of the car.

Lastly, what's with the weird single center-exit exhaust? It reminds me, for some crazy reason, of the head that pops out of the murk in the "Trash Masher" scene in Star Wars IV: A New Hope then quickly retracts under water.

Fetch me a bucket....

--Scott

1 - 20 of 25 Posts