·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I saw a striped Evora recently that I really didn't care for and that I thought bordered on the ridiculous, but that looks absolutely gorgeous. Sexy and tasteful. And a nice combo of the gloss black wheels with the light blue (sorry, I don't know the name of that color).

I see they still haven't added the Evora kit to their site yet, but if the F430 kits are any indication, the cost is super reasonable. Would you feel comfortable doing it yourself once the kit's been worked out, and if not, what did it cost for labor?

Again, looks great.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Moxie, it's called "Liquid Blue" and the wheels are actually the factory forged option in Gun Metal/Anthracite.

I would imagine the cost would be similar. He mentioned to me it might be up on his site after Turkey day. I personally wouldn't be comfortable doing it myself, but it's more of the fact that I want it to look perfect. I understand the labor would run between $200 and $300 depending on who you hire (that's what I found in doing my research).

However, if you look at a couple of the videos on his site, the application process looks pretty easy, but again I just wouldn't trust myself.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Yeah, I realized after I posted they weren't gloss black wheels, which I'm not a fan of. Gun metal looks great.

I wonder what color striping would look good with Burnt Orange.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A light silver with a black outline perhaps?

If you like what the kits look like when he gets them up on his site , you should ping him and see if he'll mock it up for you with different color options. He actually has a digitized Evora that he overlaid the stripes on so I could see what it would look like when I first inquired.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
My dealer is Autosport/Lotus Motorcars of Long Island, and they developed the so-called
"black pack", i.e., wheels, updraft portion of spoiler, sills, and roof, all gloss black, but at one point I'd asked what the cost would be from the factory to have the same areas painted gold as on the Naomi car painted a subtle difference--either Autumn Bronze or Canyon Red, but the price was out of my league. Still, if these guys can do metallic striping, I think Canyon Red coudl look amazing, but yeah, I'd want to have it pre-viz'd.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
OH MY GOD! That looks fantastic! Nice job! Classy and tasteful indeed. I'm going to keep a close eye on this thread as I'm really contemplating the stripes on my new Evora. I'll have to wait and see how it looks in the color I ordered, but I definitely think that some colors on the Evora are conducive to striping such as CO and SY. Both great colors, but I think that breaking them up a little looks nice.

Mox, go with a light silver carbon fiber look stripe. There's a pic on here somewhere of a guy's Exige that has it and it looks like a match made in heaven. Obviously the stripe's not carbon fiber, but again it looks like a light silver CF and it matches perfectly with CO. I think it would look great on BO as well.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Wow that looks fantastic! Maybe they could also start doing some kits for the Elise.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
usually not a "stripe guy" but they did a outstanding job.. everything looks nice and clean

·
Registered
310 Posts
WOW. Normally I am very against striping on any Lotus but I have to admit the finished result on your Evora is outstanding! Great job.

·
Registered
380 Posts
That looks great! For those of you looking for stripes, I can make them in any color and shape you want, including metallic colors!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I'm usually against striping as the cars are a bit small for it, but as noted, that looks great. Almost has a Scuderia stripe vibe to it.

I love the way it comes to the rounded point at the front, versus continuing all the way down to the mesh.

Well done.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, I was definitely going for something different. Best part, when I get tired of it, I may just swap the color scheme out for something different. Hopefully, he'll give me a price break on the next round!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I let KI know about the positive response. So, they put it up on their website a little earlier than expected. You can check it out here: Lotus Evora Stripes | Decals | Graphics | KI Studios

Again thanks for all the compliments guys. Oh, and if you ever want to see it in person, I'm at Cars and Coffee in Irvine, CA just about every weekend, barring rain or me being off on vacation...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Saw this car on Friday! It looked GORGEOUS! Nice talking to you.

-Chris

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
That looks great, excellent combination, an inspiration for future projects.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts