The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I'll ask, can't believe no-one else has?

NEXT OPTION/TRUE ORDER PLACEMENT....WHEN???

Let's see: Jan was 10... Nothing in Feb... March caught up with 20...Looks like nothing for April??

speculation:

1. Lotus has ~1000 ordered, enough to gauge supplies to last after plant summer break.

2. No orders to be taken until initial cars arrive (May) and other customers can; see, touch, feel, sniff, knob twist? Then more solid orders could be taken

Or should us next 20 be ready after Easter for a 5/5 color/option order deadline?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Think Lotus has taken enough orders to last the first three months of delivery. Typical turn for order to delivery is 3 months (so far they've been asking for them 4-5 months in advance). It's get the order in to plan the following months production, production, then another month for delivery. So if the next batch of orders is for Sept delivery, wouldn't look for dealers asking again until early May.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
My dealer told me he has submitted orders for the first 30 on the list.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
30 x 40 = 1200 = @ six-months production

Since they started making the cars in April, Lotus has enough orders to carry them through about September's production. So there shouldn't be much rush to collect more orders. If I were Lotus, I would wait for some cars to be delivered in May/June, so customers could see the colors and options, then perhaps ask for more orders around July for October's and subsequent month's production.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts