The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any questions that I should ask or need to ask?
He has about 35 units on hold now and I will ask him how long it should take to have the last car off the boat. I also will ask if I can buy the LLS wheels if I don't get the sports package.

Any thing you guys need to know? I will take the best questions you guys can come up with.

I will reply to the dealer in 3 1/2 hours from now, so be quick.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Porschein2Lotus said:
He has about 35 units on hold now and I will ask him how long it should take to have the last car off the boat. I also will ask if I can buy the LLS wheels if I don't get the sports package.

Any thing you guys need to know? I will take the best questions you guys can come up with.

I will reply to the dealer in 3 1/2 hours from now, so be quick.
Yes, ask them if all salespeople come from the same family or do they go to school to learn to be the way they are......or maybe it's drugs? :confused:

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Porsche,
Ordering the wheels separately (which I believe are only available from Lotus) will be almost certainly be more expensive than the track package option.
Chris

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Porschein2Lotus said:
I guess the obvious question would be if there's been any progress on getting the Elise approved for sale in Canada and if so what's the projected schedule for the start of deliveries.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zvezdah1 said:
Porsche,
Ordering the wheels separately (which I believe are only available from Lotus) will be almost certainly be more expensive than the track package option.
Chris
I was thinking that, I just wasn't sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: I'm talking with my dealer, are there any questions I should ask?

andykeck said:
I guess the obvious question would be if there's been any progress on getting the Elise approved for sale in Canada and if so what's the projected schedule for the start of deliveries.
We talked about that and he is waiting for the word from Lotus.
He thinks the headlights will be the big issue with TC.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I'm talking with my dealer, are there any questions I should ask?

Porschein2Lotus said:
...He thinks the headlights will be the big issue with TC.
Problems incorporating daytime running lights? It shouldn't be that hard to solve... I remember many years ago when this first came about, Canadian Tire had a kit you could install that was like, less than $100.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm talking with my dealer, are there any questions I should ask?

Peter R said:
Problems incorporating daytime running lights? It shouldn't be that hard to solve... I remember many years ago when this first came about, Canadian Tire had a kit you could install that was like, less than $100.
No, that would be an easy fix. I suspect the problem is the same as here in the US. The lights aren't properly sealed and can't be changed to meet the code without major retooling.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm talking with my dealer, are there any questions I should ask?

andykeck said:
No, that would be an easy fix. I suspect the problem is the same as here in the US. The lights aren't properly sealed and can't be changed to meet the code without major retooling.
That's what we talked about. He thinks it will be over soon.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Problems incorporating daytime running lights? It shouldn't be that hard to solve... I remember many years ago when this first came about, Canadian Tire had a kit you could install that was like, less than $100. No, that would be an easy fix. I suspect the problem is the same as here in the US. The lights aren't properly sealed and can't be changed to meet the code without major retooling.<<<

More or less Canada simply copied many parts of our motor vehicle regulations. A Canadian Elise would need similar exemptions as the US car enjoys. It took years to get the US exemptions. I don't know whether Lotus considers the potential sales volume for Canada to be large enough to justify the delays and red tape costs. The next version of the Elise will be a world car and so should be easily certifiable in Canada, assuming that Lotus wants to pursue that market.

The "parking lights" on the Elise already incorporate a city light in the high beam area. It certainly would not be hard to add DRLs to the car. I almost always ride with the parking lights (upper light switch) on at all times (daytime included) as they might help increase the visibility of the car to others and keep things safer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Stan said:
...I almost always ride with the parking lights (upper light switch) on at all times (daytime included) as they might help increase the visibility of the car to others and keep things safer.
That was the reason why DRL's were introduced into Canada, as studies found the same results as what you determined. Visibilty = safety.

As for the market size, of course it's much smaller than the U.S., but all of these boutique brands (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus) are represented here in all of our major metropolitan areas (Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver). Both Ferrari and Lambo are doing quite well. Lotus claims optimistic production numbers for the Elise with plenty coming to this side of the Atlantic, so I don't see why it wouldn't come here. I'm just hoping it'll be soon and that they'll resolve these issues!

·
Banned
338 Posts
Don't count on the Elise coming to Canada anytime soon...!!!!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think Lotus will be bringing the Elise to Canada any time soon if ever in this model of the car. Not only does it not have daytime running lights but its bumpers or should I say lack of them will not pass Canadian standards.
Cheers Doug

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Mav,
The daytime running lights are no biggie, all the for Canada Esprits came to LCU, had to have a special wiring package put into it, took about half hour.
The bumpers would be the deal breaker.
Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts