The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how easy is it to remove the "Lotus" decals on the back of the Elise? Is high-pressure water from a carwash the key?

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
So how easy is it to remove the "Lotus" decals on the back of the Elise? Is high-pressure water from a carwash the key?
"WOW! Who makes that car?!" -poke-

·
Registered
658 Posts
It peels off with a finger nail, clean up with goo gone or adhesive remover.

Get twice the "who makes this car" questions

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Um, no. Not unless you want the paint to go with it. The Lotus paint does not do well with high pressure water. There is such a thing as an eraser wheel. It is made of rubber and can be attached to a drill. You can buy it at any auto body supply store. Or you can pick at the stuff with your finger nail and try to peel it off. One of my letters is falling off on its own which leads me to believe that removing them will be easy enough.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Make sure you use a coarse wheel !

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
So you prefer the question "Who makes this car" instead?rotfl

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
...or "what kind of car is that" or better yet "is that a kit car? :D

A good answer to "Who makes Lotus" is just to answer "Lotus" and leave it at that. Usually leaves them more confused.

Or, just tell them it's a $650,000 Ferrari.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm afraid you'll have to live with the questions one way or another.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Funny though... I've never got that question... perhaps my location, Socal?

I get all the other stuff X10... how much? Pics... waves... honks... stares... guy in a Diablo burns out beside me (Nice jackass)...

I hear kids all the time say... "LOOK ITS A LOTUS!!" ;)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
You'd just be going from the frying pan and into the fire!!

.as even people who've heard of Lotus (and saw "Pretty Woman"[email protected]#) might then question you as to what it is, or hit you with the kit-car question.

I say go in the other direction and get the raised metallic letters like the ones that come with the cup car. Then at least some people will at least know for sure it's a Lotus.

And then go another step further, and order yourself a custom license plate frame that says "please don't ask me what my car is!, it's a Lotus" :wave:

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Finger nail (takes a while) and to remove the adhesive and dull finish

10925.jpg

And while you are at it, remove the Elise or Exige also.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My wife has the Saturn Sky Redline (turbo version). I get a lot of people mistaking the Lotus for the Saturn Sky here for some reason. I was thinking perhaps putting Elise lettering instead of Lotus lettering on the back. Still, it seems there's no hope. Sigh.

Anyone selling the vinyl backing?

·
Registered
405 Posts
My wife has the Saturn Sky Redline (turbo version). I get a lot of people mistaking the Lotus for the Saturn Sky here for some reason. I was thinking perhaps putting Elise lettering instead of Lotus lettering on the back. Still, it seems there's no hope. Sigh.

Anyone selling the vinyl backing?
That is the one comment I've heard, once... Lady was telling a friend outside of a mall, "Oh that... that... it's built by Saturn"

But I'm sure it happens more often when I'm not around... "Stupid people, bless their hearts" rotfl

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Just tell them "it used to be made by Lotus Development Corporation, but it's now made by IBM" then walk away :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts