The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having coffee yesterday (Sat) with my wife and I'd parked my Elise just outside our local Starbucks. We were going to be hanging out for a while, so I decided to go out and put my new Sun-Cap cover on.

I'd noticed a group of people hanging out nearby and after I was done, one of the women engaged me in conversation about my car. After a brief exchange, she said, "I'm with some single friends".

To which I replied, "I'm with my wife!".

"Aw! They're always spoken for!", was her response.

I'd like to say that this happens all the time to me even if I'm driving a Ford Festiva with peeling paintwork, but that's not strictly true.

Does this kind of thing happen a lot when you own an Elise?

(I've only had mine for about a month or so, and a week and a half of that time I was out of the country.)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Man, i need to move to cali. A lot of guys give comments, but the ladies only stare and smile. None have so much as made a comment yet.
I do look 16. I wonder if there is any correlation...

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Man, i need to move to cali. A lot of guys give comments, but the ladies only stare and smile. None have so much as made a comment yet.
I do look 16. I wonder if there is any correlation...
This is very true. Guys always comment but the ladies just stare. It's really not a masculine kind of car so I guess that must mean it isn't very appealing to women.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Girls seems to like it, but are much more reluctant to speak. Ive had mine for about 6 months and live in a college town. A few random "I like your car!"s but when I am there face to face nothing.

I always joke with my friends that I could easily pick up as many dudes as I wanted if I was gay.

·
V EQLS IR
331 Posts
I always joke with my friends that I could easily pick up as many dudes as I wanted if I was gay.
Too true, i actually have called my car the "khaki dropper" since it only seems to attract the attention of middle aged business casual dudes.

Then again, i bought this car in SPITE of all the attention you get, not BECAUSE of it :)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Brown chicken, brown cow!

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I was flashed on the highway here in town once, but otherwise nothing of the sort. In general I've found that the car doesn't attract too much attention here in the Midwest, which I'm happy about. The only crowd that consistently notices/comments on the car are sport bike riders.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I don't know.......I have women always coming over and talking to me or asking about the car. Usually at times where I've got other things to do and am using the car as a commuter. Just last week as I was picking up lunch and getting back in the car, this woman comes jogging across the parking lot to chat me up about the car.

I owned a Factory Five Cobra for 11 years and never, ever had this happen.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
10 year old boys go batsh&t crazy over the car.

·
Registered
572 Posts
In general I've found that the car doesn't attract too much attention here in the Midwest. The only crowd that consistently notices/comments on the car are sport bike riders.
Same experience here in CO. For some reason sport bike riders are always rev'ing at me and speeding off despite the fact that I am simply moving with traffic. I don't know why they are so intimidated by the car and feel the need to prove they are faster.

·
Registered
393 Posts
middle aged men and under 12 year old boys are all I get. Can't say that I have ever had a woman talk to me about the car.
Gay or pedophile are pretty much the only routes to go with the Elise if you're single and ready to mingle.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Same experience here in CO. For some reason sport bike riders are always rev'ing at me and speeding off despite the fact that I am simply moving with traffic. I don't know why they are so intimidated by the car and feel the need to prove they are faster.
That's not how they are here, they generally just seem to appreciate the car. Not trying to race or anything. It's just interesting to me how consistent it is that sport bike guys check out the car.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Evora is a whole other deal. The very small size of an Exige really makes a difference I guess, even though Evora is still a smallish car.

Just an opinion, but has been my experience. If fact, it came with a certificate in the glove box for one hot girl of your choice. Expired in 6 months. :)

Letting kids sit in the Elise is a blast though.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I get women doing the same thing also. There are a BUNCH of young woman who like the car and talk about it. I've met a few enthusiasts too.

I've had a few instances of it happening also even while driving a volvo s40. Its not always about the car but the owner too.

http://youtu.be/e3Xo8b7iXyc?t=43s

^that stuff happens all the time.

·
Such Administrating
6,857 Posts
I've had more middle aged women than anything. They take a pic and say: My son is gonna be so jealous!

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
This is very true. Guys always comment but the ladies just stare. It's really not a masculine kind of car so I guess that must mean it isn't very appealing to women.
+1 Women in Chicago don't really seem to care

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Haha, pretty much about the same here as well.

I've gotten more girls with my 15 year old, 250,000 mile one ton diesel pickup truck. rotfl

middle aged men and under 12 year old boys are all I get. Can't say that I have ever had a woman talk to me about the car.
Gay or pedophile are pretty much the only routes to go with the Elise if you're single and ready to mingle.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had a similar situation while driving down PCH in Laguna Beach. Two women sitting in the back of a pickup truck (yes there was a bench seat bolted in the bed of the pickup facing backwards) started talking to me at a stoplight. After a small conversation, one of them asked me if I would like to meet her niece. Although I am single this really isn't the way I want to meet women, so I politely declined.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts