The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't think this has ever been done before but here are pictures of the Evora and M250.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
i am glad t osee they went with a completly new design and started over from scratch - the right decision - i am a m250 fan, but that was then, this is now... the evora had great styling!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I have to say the side of the m250 is much nicer. The way the window is and having body behind the window instead of glass, plus the elise/exige side intake is much nicer.

I wonder what pushed them away from that great design cue...

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
stylist can't live in the past - another "elise" won't do it for lotus. latest pics of the evora have the rear "hatch" painted body color, not black.

it is a different car, it needs to look and be different, it retains enough modern lotus cues to be a lotus - but its a new design so you will not think of it as another elise derivitive.

i suspect a lot of the styling is based around improving drag and airflow.

i think the evora "looks" the part and the money. m250 looks a bit heavy and square in comparison

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking somewhere between 2000 and 2006, Lotus engineers or auto engineers may have discovered optimal air flow is higher up in the mid-section (like the F430) vs. in the middle (like the Elise and Boxster).

I agree it's nice to see Lotus didn't just remake the M250 but there's some similarities. I also like some parts of the M250 over the Evora - but at least the Evora isn't just a bigger Elise. Like Fitfan said, then is then and this is now.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Its good they made it painted as it really helps with the fluidity. But I don't think having design cues from past models makes a car bad or makes it live in the past. Styling heritage is key and so is having a functional airflow. I love the rest of the evora...just not the side as it is now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.