The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't think this has ever been done before but here are pictures of the Evora and M250.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Ever wonder why Lotus was able to come out with the Evora so quick? ;)

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
i am glad t osee they went with a completly new design and started over from scratch - the right decision - i am a m250 fan, but that was then, this is now... the evora had great styling!

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Would be nice though...

Ever wonder why Lotus was able to come out with the Evora so quick? ;)
... if they could kick one out of the back door toot sweet! ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I have to say the side of the m250 is much nicer. The way the window is and having body behind the window instead of glass, plus the elise/exige side intake is much nicer.

I wonder what pushed them away from that great design cue...

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
stylist can't live in the past - another "elise" won't do it for lotus. latest pics of the evora have the rear "hatch" painted body color, not black.

it is a different car, it needs to look and be different, it retains enough modern lotus cues to be a lotus - but its a new design so you will not think of it as another elise derivitive.

i suspect a lot of the styling is based around improving drag and airflow.

i think the evora "looks" the part and the money. m250 looks a bit heavy and square in comparison

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking somewhere between 2000 and 2006, Lotus engineers or auto engineers may have discovered optimal air flow is higher up in the mid-section (like the F430) vs. in the middle (like the Elise and Boxster).

I agree it's nice to see Lotus didn't just remake the M250 but there's some similarities. I also like some parts of the M250 over the Evora - but at least the Evora isn't just a bigger Elise. Like Fitfan said, then is then and this is now.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Its good they made it painted as it really helps with the fluidity. But I don't think having design cues from past models makes a car bad or makes it live in the past. Styling heritage is key and so is having a functional airflow. I love the rest of the evora...just not the side as it is now.

·
Registered
478 Posts
stylist can't live in the past - another "elise" won't do it for lotus. latest pics of the evora have the rear "hatch" painted body color, not black.
I've searched but can't confirm this... I'd love to see pics of that - anyone? Bueller?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts