The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
That was an amazing presentation if his facts are accurate. Here's one more number he didn't mention: the proportion of illegal to legal immigration is many times higher now than 1965. He implies that the immigration cap needs to be lowered, but I think it is the illegal immigration that is driving these numbers. Unless we have another amnesty (in which case all bets are off) I think the current legal caps are pretty close to a sustainable rate.

I especially like his illustration on the safety valve theory. Back in the late '80s at the Border Patrol Academy they actually taught that theory in one of our classes. I thought it was odd that they would be telling eager young recruits that their government could shut the border down anytime it wanted, but doesn't want to for economic and political reasons. I'm disappointed to see that 20 years later the government is still not willing to do its job.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
yes i agree that illegal immigration is the BIG problem...but the gov will just say...okay everyone who is here now that is illegal can come get this card and now you're legal! fugg it pisses me off! if there were a better country to sneak into illegally i'd go!:D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
MikeW said:
The Iraq thing doesn't bother me nearly as much as his lack of dealing with this situation.
Your priority is truly screwed up. Invasion, occupation, and illegal war by the US is fine; invasion by Mexico just pits you off. At least, Mexicans did not kill innocent women, children, and babies.

By why do politicians give a crap about you anyway? You are a nobody. Wal Mart wants cheap labor, Republicans deliver "guest workers" to Wal Mart. You can go back to wave the flag and pray to your Jesus.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sadly, the Administration is hinting that any illegals that volunteer for Iraq will get instant citizenship, maybe their whole family will be included. I've met many in Eastern Europe and elsewhere, who are on the immigration waiting list. Will they be penalized because they wait for a legal chance to come here?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts