The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My M3 leaves tomorrow, and my Elise arrives on Thursday!:nanner::coolnana::nanner:

This was much smoother and faster than I expected! Now I just need to start yoga to get ready for the Cirque Du Soleil entry and exit moves...

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Congrads! Don't fret the entry and exit.. I'm 215 lbs 6 ft and its easy once you get the hang of it.. Turn you backside toward car / seat and fall back into seat. And get out holding side sill and steering wheel And lift out one leg at a time

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
The most important thing I was told about ingress/egress by the guys at Spring Mountain back in 2008 when they ran a Lotus school there (so they had/maintained a lot of Eliges) was to be sure to not grab the door or windshield. They had multiple cracked windshields from bigger guys using it to pull them out and a few bent door hinges from the same. Apparently both parts are close to $3k so it's a big/costly mistake.

The way do it is to swing my left leg out, put my right hand on the seat behind me and my left on the sill. Push myself up onto the sill and just stand up. The main issue is you can't have anything at all in your hands so it's a pain at times. As for getting in just fall in like others have mentioned.

BTW I think your swap of an M3 for and Elise is fantastic. How are you planning to use the car, for some reason I'm guessing street/daily? What model was your M3, E46? As I'm sure (hope) you know the comfort difference between an E46 and an Elise is pretty significant.

Oh, and pictures when you have them please. Maybe start with some of your M3??

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW I think your swap of an M3 for and Elise is fantastic. How are you planning to use the car, for some reason I'm guessing street/daily? What model was your M3, E46? As I'm sure (hope) you know the comfort difference between an E46 and an Elise is pretty significant.

Oh, and pictures when you have them please. Maybe start with some of your M3??
Occasional DD duty when it is too hot to ride my motorcycle. Then weekend fun car.

I did a rolling restoration on an E36 M3. It was a total wreck when I found it. Not as cush as an E46, but far cushier than its immediate predecessor: a Super Stalker that I built. The Elise should slot in nicely between the two.

2006 Super Stalker sold in 2011:

1995 BMW M3 Sold last weekend:

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
that's a clean e36.
congrats on the elise! what color?

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My suggestion on entry and exit of the car is to slide the seat all the way to the rear position, which makes swinging your legs in easier. And I am only 5'5".
I am 5'5" when I am in a good mood. I was really joking, it doesn't seem that hard, just not as easy as entry into a lesser car! It will certainly be easier than suiting up into full riding gear to ride my motorcycle which I use to commute...

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Driver called. Car will get here at 0930 tomorrow morning. I think this calls for a day off!

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Thanks, you should have seen the car when I bought it. It was a total money pit, but it was fun. The Elise is Polar Blue.
My 06 in Polar Blue taken in the Sequoias today. Not many Polar Blue Elises out there. Welcome to the club enderw88!

Attachments

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
countermeasures...gotta run those countermeasures.. :)

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
countermeasures...gotta run those countermeasures.. :)
A previous owner of my car installed a stupid expensive K40 unit, and all it's good for is 1) letting me know I'm driving by a storefront with automatic doors or 2) letting me know that I just got lit up by an officer 30ft in front of me.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
well, at least you are safe from those automatic doors...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts