The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Plural of Lotus is Lotus
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday, I successfully changed my immobilizer setting so it ONLY activates with a fob press. For those who've done this, you know we progress to the "12 blinks" setting to make the change.

Does anyone know what the other 11 settings are and what else is change-able?

·
Plural of Lotus is Lotus
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CYOW. I never cease to be impressed at how informative this forum is.

Also, I curious why someone would disable the immobilizer completely? If the fob stops working, a simple "Hold down both buttons" for 5 seconds re-syncs it, no?

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
You mean permanently disable it? I love having my on option 12 where it is disabled unless I just really want it. But, to be honest, the sole reason I didn't gut it is insurance. If the car was ever stolen and someone found out that the immobilizer had been hotwired by the owner, that could make things really sticky. Now the odds of anyone finding out are slim, but I don't want to put myself in that position when this built-in option exists. Instead, I carry the 'nutsack' in the car so I can use it when I need to, but otherwise I just put the key alone in my pocket and lock the doors that way. That also saves me the hassle of being locked out if the battery dies and the CDL was last used to lock the doors.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
216 Posts
I disabled mine completely and unplugged the alarm as I did not get fobs with the car and about a week after I got it the immobilizer somehow managed to switch modes and wouldn't let me start the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts