The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I've recently had some odd electrical issues with my '06 Exige. This started with my brake light wire getting pinched between the body and frame rubbing through the sheath and popping the fuse. Fortunately the wire was only stripped not cut so I was able to patch that pretty easily. Around the same time my Braile of 18 months basically died and wouldn't start the car any longer (nor charge enough to start it). I do have a disconnect but I'll admit I forget it a lot (or did in the past - I'm religious about it now).

I replaced the Braile and have always had it turned off unless I was driving the car. This is my track car so she'll go 1-7 days without being started. Even with the new battery she is pretty hard to start pretty much every time.

Last night I noticed the shift / immobilizer light is flickering once the car is running. I have a voltmeter in the car too and it shows no change while the car is running (stays constant). Here's a video of what it looks like.

Car runs totally fine (or at least feels it) - any thoughts as to what could be up? All fuses are good.

-Ross

·
Registered
224 Posts
Did you ever get to the cause of this ? I noticed my car doing the same thing when driving. Its just happened when I swapped out my battery for a new one.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just in case anyone has this problem again...

My fix was tightening the loose cable(s).

Positive and Negative cables might be a little loose and this could cause the battery to drain and have the light flicker.

I have a cut off switch also and the battery would die or get really low.

The light would flicker as well then I tightened the cables and problem solved!

No dead battery/ hard to start/ or low battery and the light stopped flickering.

-Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts