The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, about a month and a half ago i did an immobilizer bypass. Car ran great, took it to the dyno, drove it until today. Heard no pump prime. Removed the interior and checked it, looked good but resoldered it anyways. Still nothing. Fuse was good, swapped that out, still nothing. When i touched it to the starter wire, car started right up, got to the correct fuel pressure, but would then die out again. Now i get nothing no matter what i do. Car is a k20 swapped elise. Input/ help please!!! Any and all suggestions!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
figured it out. i put in a new trans (quiafe lsd and carbon synchros-aw yeah), and got no pump. even though all my fuses, connections etc looked good, it ended up being the ecu ignition fuse. car fired up. went for a quick drive, car felt sluggish, pulled it back in, and when i came back a short while later pump wouldnt prime. hotwired the pump for a second which primed it, and was at the correct fuel pressure, but the car still wouldnt start. double checked every single connection, fuse, relay, etc. plugged in kpro, and kpro was online but was not seeing an ignition signal, even though the daughterboard led was blinking and showing it was connected. i text whatadsm (he made my harness and tuned my car) and ran over a few scenarios. datalogging with no ignition signal was obviously no go, but ecu pin e9 (ignition) was working. we were both stumped. googled any similar scenarios, and found a thread with literally all the same symptoms.

speed sensor plug.

my old trans was a high frequency signal, so the pins are reversed from a low signal. but because im running an aftermarket dash, i selected no signal in kpro prior to my tune. new trans is low frequency, and the plug was plugged in, which gave my car no ignition signal. 1 plug crippled my car. so for future reference, if youre doing a kswap, mind your speed sensor plugs lol. it was never the immobilizer bypass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts