The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Video

I wish they had the video in a different player/format. I mean I don't mind it, but I want to send it to the Mrs. who would get very confused by the website....

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
i am converting over to the evora fan club more and more... love it!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I'll wait for the S version with a TVS supercharger.

2 + 2 is amusing, insurance?? Good place for an amp and couple of small subs.

Hmmm...it looks like my future might just be my Exige S for track only and the Evora S for daily driver... (S is due out in 2010 or 2011?? perfect timing)

Or even a flex fuel Evora S.

Will this free Lotus from Proton?

Rob.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I'll wait for the S version with a TVS supercharger.

2 + 2 is amusing, insurance?? Good place for an amp and couple of small subs.

Hmmm...it looks like my future might just be my Exige S for track only and the Evora S for daily driver... (S is due out in 2010 or 2011?? perfect timing)

Or even a flex fuel Evora S.

Will this free Lotus from Proton?

Rob.
Fairly certain you should opt for the 2+0 version. And yes, if I were to convert, it would definitely have to be for an S version. Superchargers...:drool:

·
Registered
592 Posts
This car probably should have had a SC out of the gate. However I also understand why Lotus wants to hold out.

With only 280HP I thought this car was going to get raked in reviews. However, so many positive reviews I am really impressed. Also I am really liking to look of this car, especially seeing it in motion.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Front is still a little "iffy" for my taste, but it's growing on me. I got $1000 on the S coming out sooner rather than later and it will be next gen SC (aka TVS) -- might not be 400 HP I would like to see, but we all know that's easy to get :)

I really need to get out and test drive one, just to see how daily driver friendly it really is. I would have NO intentions of taking the Evora to the track so it wouldn't need to be fulfill that role at all.

Right now, I'm on the edge, sell the Exige S and get a Lambo LMP560-4 ($200,000+) or keeping my now modified and hopefully track reliable Exige S ($100,000 invested/wasted) AND get an $80,000-$90,000 Evora S.

Within my financial means, I think the smart choice would be to keep my Exige S and get the Evora S when available. Since I like to tinker, I could tinker to my hearts content on the Exige S while keep a nice Evora S for daily driving duties.

I must admit, at first I thought the Evora was gonna be a flop and finiancial disaster for Lotus, but I'm happy to admit -- I think I'm dead wrong. My hope is the Evora could get them the financial muscle to really take on Porsche in every price market -- and who knows, maybe even make Lotus a name we see often in professional road racing... :)

Rob.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
My hope is the Evora could get them the financial muscle to really take on Porsche in every price market -- and who knows, maybe even make Lotus a name we see often in professional road racing... :)

Rob.
Not EVERY market, please - I can really live without a Lotus SUV ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts