The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know you cannot import an elise into Canada - but how about an Evora? Does anyone have information regarding this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The Evora isn't on the RIV import list, so you can't do it...

Best bet is to pick up the sale priced 10's or 11's from Scotti if you keen on an Evora in Canada. I've imported 5 cars for myself before in the US, and if I could with the Evora I probably would have, but "had to" go with Scotti instead.

To be honest, with the Evora, there isn't that big of a price gap after Scotti discounts it, when you factor in the import duty and the gas tax, and I would dare say almost nil difference when you factor in the discount on US imported cars when it comes time for you to sell it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why not

I hate to re-ash this subject but:

Seems to me like RIV and transport Canada do not follow their own rules

2. Admissible vehicles, except competition vehicles, snowmobile cutters and all terrain vehicles (ATVs), must be certified
by OEMs to all applicable U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSSs). Two criteria can be used to determine this:

a) a compliance label affixed to the vehicle at the time of main assembly with one of the following statements,

"This vehicle conforms to the applicable federal motor vehicle safety, bumper and theft prevention standards in
effect on the date of manufacture shown above"; or

2010 Evora label clearly states

This vehicle conforms to the applicable federal motor vehicle safety, bumper and theft prevention standards in
effect on the date of manufacture shown above

·
Registered
214 Posts
I hate to re-ash this subject but:

Seems to me like RIV and transport Canada do not follow their own rules

2. Admissible vehicles, except competition vehicles, snowmobile cutters and all terrain vehicles (ATVs), must be certified
by OEMs to all applicable U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSSs). Two criteria can be used to determine this:

a) a compliance label affixed to the vehicle at the time of main assembly with one of the following statements,

"This vehicle conforms to the applicable federal motor vehicle safety, bumper and theft prevention standards in
effect on the date of manufacture shown above"; or

2010 Evora label clearly states

This vehicle conforms to the applicable federal motor vehicle safety, bumper and theft prevention standards in
effect on the date of manufacture shown above
It's not an admissible vehicle, end of discussion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts