The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping that some members could shed some light on their knowledge on importing cars from the US into Canada. I'm in the market for a an 2004 240 but sadly in Canada, specifically Toronto, doesn't have a price list yet on any 08 line ups for Lotus. I went to visit the dealership here in Toronto only to find my options to be extremely limited. I could order the car now, but with no price list to work with, I find myself limited to what I can do. I cannot order a 240 without knowing the possible price on it, the dealer won't even give me a ball park price! So it got me thinking on possibly purchasing my car in the US and importing it over into Canada. I understand the tax issue that I will encounter, but has anyone done this before? What should I be aware of?

Also, I'm looking for a Aspen White 2008 240 or an 07 Exige S, but so far all the dealership websites I've been to in the US are mostly Solar Yellow and Storm Titanium.

What do you guys think? Any help is appreciated!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Not possible.

End of discussion.

Keep shopping for a Canadian Exige S or wait for info on 08s. Call John Scotti Lotus in Montreal, they've got a new Aspen White Exige S for 70K$ at 514 735-0555

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greatly appreciated! Thank you

Not possible.

End of discussion.

Keep shopping for a Canadian Exige S or wait for info on 08s. Call John Scotti Lotus in Montreal, they've got a new Aspen White Exige S for 70K$ at 514 735-0555

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Pm sent.

·
Registered
222 Posts
all the dealers in CANADA offer a version of the star shield.. or you can look it up, some "sticker and tint" companies do it as well.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
The factory installed Starshield on my 07 ExigeS.
I'd bet it was also installed "in port". The paint needs to cure before the Starshield is applied. The time the cars spend in the shipping containers traveling across the Atlantic provides that curing time. Then the Starshield is applied.

That's the way may car was done, even though it has "factory" Starshield. Note that that is different than the dealer installed option, where it is actually installed at the dealer's lot.

But there were some cars ordered without the Starshield, and other brands of "clear bra" was installed by dealers. More profit (or less cost) that way, but less of a warranty.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I'd bet it was also installed "in port". The paint needs to cure before the Starshield is applied. The time the cars spend in the shipping containers traveling across the Atlantic provides that curing time. Then the Starshield is applied.

That's the way may car was done, even though it has "factory" Starshield. Note that that is different than the dealer installed option, where it is actually installed at the dealer's lot.

But there were some cars ordered without the Starshield, and other brands of "clear bra" was installed by dealers. More profit (or less cost) that way, but less of a warranty.
Yes but my question is regarding the origin of Canadian Elises. Are they US port cars, Starshielded then trucked up, or are they Starshielded in the UK, as I would presume any Euro cars are, and then shipped to a Canadian port?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
My car has real starshield with Lotus logo watermark.

Ordered by dealer, installed locally.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts