The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be interested in having Carbon Creations develop a kit for the Evora? I did this for my 350z and saved about 150 lbs. I spoke with Mike at Extreme Dimensions and they were open to the idea of designing something.

Unlike fiberglass kits, these kits line up perfectly with stock body holes and bring with them all the benefits of CF.

I'd love to end up with a car that looked like this:

·
Illegal Alien
4,786 Posts
You can already by CF panels as in that picture, all it takes is $$$

·
Registered
591 Posts
Would anyone be interested in having Carbon Creations develop a kit for the Evora? I did this for my 350z and saved about 150 lbs. ]
masonry makes the gte kit. get ready to pay. and please elaborate how you dropped 150lbs off your z :huh:. stock hood is 22lbs, wet carbon is basically the same weight with its fiberglass core. unless you went dry carbon everything. but really, how much do stock aluminum fenders, hood and poly bumpers really weigh? the most weight savings can be found in the door, but your saving 35lbs per door, including the crash beam. so inform me because im trying to get my z's weight down currently

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Would anyone be interested in having Carbon Creations develop a kit for the Evora? I did this for my 350z and saved about 150 lbs. I spoke with Mike at Extreme Dimensions and they were open to the idea of designing something.

Unlike fiberglass kits, these kits line up perfectly with stock body holes and bring with them all the benefits of CF.

I'd love to end up with a car that looked like this:
More options are always welcome, particularly less expensive ones! :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
I would buy a GTE front that was plug-and-play swap with the OEM bumper. If it has to be carbon fiber, so be it, I would just paint over it anyway. I'd take any other option, as well.

All of it depends on the price. I wont pay $5,000 USD for a front bumper.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am not a huge fan of the man-kini style stripes on the front, apart from that looks very nice, welcome anything that isn't £3.5k for the full GTN kit.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Lotusenv I have been talking to them about getting most of that done to mine as well. I just want it in 12k weave though and I have not heard back from them.

I also do not want the complete hatch done, just the garnish and window.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts