The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DocOpp
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :)
I bought a 2011 Evora a few months ago with 10,000 miles. I love it !!!!! and I have put about 1000 miles on it.
No problems at all, then last week I installed a BOE Cold Air Intake, very well made and install directions are OK.
It took an hour to install, next one would go in in 30 minutes. After I installed it, engine light hasn't come on, seems to run a little louder (nice sound), maybe a little more power.... but since I installed it, maybe every sixth time I start from a stop in 1st,
after clutch fully engaged and in 1st for several seconds and about to push clutch in to go into 2nd.... car lurches for a fraction of a second. I folded the vacuum line to the intake over several times and used elect ties to stop air flow in it.
Any suggestions ????
Thanks, Ed :):scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
11,302 Posts
Am a bit unsure from the description of symptoms.

Is the vacuum line to which you refer to the brake booster?

1. How old is this brake fluid?

2. When bled last?

3. Maybe time to change brake fluid and bleed brakes and clutch?

4. I think Evoras have a slight clutch delay valve, but someone else will have to opine as to what effect that might have?

5. Pump clutch pedal 4-5 times, see if symptom remains or not.

·
Premium Member
11,302 Posts
Any answers yet please??

·
Registered
187 Posts
If it only happened after the boe intake, remove it and see if it still happens. If it really is due to fitting the boe then contact them.

·
Premium Member
11,302 Posts
It didn't kill you, we hope.

·
Premium Member
6,239 Posts
Vacuum line needs a golf tee. Folding is not as good. Sounds like a vacuum leak.

·
Illegal Alien
4,613 Posts
Vacuum line needs a golf tee. Folding is not as good. Sounds like a vacuum leak.
Thank you. I thought I gave this response, but as i don't see it I guess I never hit return. If the car is an NA the line from manifold to intake solenoid gets removed and a rubber vacuum cup must be installed on the manifold nipple, (cost is pennies at AutoZone). If the car is an S this line from SC manifold splits with one link to intake solenoid and the other to control exhaust valve. If desirous to be able to close (quiet exhaust) then a vacuum line must be maintained direct from manifold to the exhaust solenoid (positioned under airbox near trans), no open ends are permitted in a vacuum line. Even small leaks (such as past a "folded" line will leak and mess upper fuel mixture.

Attachments

·
DocOpp
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everyone here was correct !!, I blocked the vacuum line better and …… no further problems, it sure is sensitive to even the smallest vacuum leak, thanks, Ed :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts