The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just received the draft of my certificate of provenance and I thought I would share the information with all of you. According to the certificate and accompanying letter, there were:

827 Lotus cars built in the 2013 Model Year worldwide
171 of those were Evora's that were sent to the US
27 of those were Evora's
42 of those were Evora IPS
26 of those were Evora S
76 of those were Evora S IPS

Now for the really cool thing:
My car, a 2013 Evora IPS in Nightfall Blue with Cognac Brown interior is the only one of it's kind from the 2013 model year. There were 5 Evora S's with the same color combination but those are S's. No wonder why we get so many looks when driving our cars rotfl

Last but not least, Nightfall Blue was the 5th most popular color choice out of the 18 Evora colors offered in 2013.

·
Illegal Alien
5,357 Posts
So US Production stats (thru 2013 MY) are:

2010 - 241 cars (26%); 2011 - 365 cars (39%); 2012 - 159 cars (17%); 2013 - 171 (18%) cars for total of 936

73:27% NA:S ; 78:22% 6-Sp:ISP ... however current ('13 #'s) paint a reverse trend: 60% now S, 70% now ISP

Now a question as to these Chinese cars; were they orginally destined for the US market (they are claimed to already meet US standards) and thus already in the 2011 number of 365 cars or are they now added on top?

What the numbers do show is without the ISP, sales today may have been real dismal and they show that the "6-Sp S" is a vanishing breed.

·
Illegal Alien
5,357 Posts
Fortunately that is not true for global sales. :bow:
I hope that is true for Lotus. But sales of Ferrai, Porsche, etc. do not support that claim.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Until Lotus comes out with a dual clutch set up, I'm pretty sure the manual option will be safe.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
So I just received the draft of my certificate of provenance and I thought I would share the information with all of you. According to the certificate and accompanying letter, there were:

27 of those were Evora's
26 of those were Evora S

My car, a 2013 Evora IPS in Nightfall Blue with Cognac Brown interior is the only one of it's kind from the 2013 model year. There were 5 Evora S's with the same color combination but those are S's. No wonder why we get so many looks when driving our cars rotfl

Last but not least, Nightfall Blue was the 5th most popular color choice out of the 18 Evora colors offered in 2013.

Mine was the only IPS in US for 2012 with Ardent Red with Cognac Interior....love the rarity of these things!!

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
247 Posts
Thanks for the info on my car!

27 of those were Evora's
26 of those were Evora S

My car, a 2013 Evora IPS in Nightfall Blue with Cognac Brown interior is the only one of it's kind from the 2013 model year. There were 5 Evora S's with the same color combination but those are S's. No wonder why we get so many looks when driving our cars

As an owner of a 2013 S IPS in Nightfall Blue with Cognac Brown interior, I appreciate the info. Now, if I knew how many of the Evora S IPS in that color combo. No more than 5 I assume (in the US).

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Grey
987 Posts
I'm one of the 42! I haven't purchased this information for myself yet, but I plan to someday. In the Evora photoblog, I saw a twin to my MY13 Carbon Grey w/black interior IPS, but there could be more... Can't be many though.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
As an owner of a 2013 S IPS in Nightfall Blue with Cognac Brown interior, I appreciate the info. Now, if I knew how many of the Evora S IPS in that color combo. No more than 5 I assume (in the US).
For about $70 Andy will be happy to answer that question for you.;)

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is 1S and 4 S IPS in the same color combo for 2013 model years according to my letter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts