The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 2011 Lotus Elise SC Final Edition Chrome Orange #10 out of 15 cars and one of only three cars in Canada. Asking $79,000 CAN

The car has roughly 26,100 miles / 42,000KM. First owner and only driver never went to the race track, never had an accident and all work done at a dealer. Except for the air filter which is now a K&N this car is all original and all service recalls done.

More Info
Lotus-tune mid-engine Toyota-sourced supercharged engine extremely reliable.
220 horsepower supercharged 1.8 Liter, mid-mounted 4-cylinder engine.
6-speed manual close ratio gearbox.
Engine start push button.
Air conditioning.
Yokohama A048 high-performance tires.
Black 5 Y- spoke forged wheels.
Black ProBaxTM sport seats with Alcantara trim.
Sport suspension, springs and dampers.
Bilstein sport pack dampers with Eibach springs.
Torsen (Torque-sensing) Limited Slip Differential.
Black rear diffuser.
Matte Black painted hard top, roll bar cover, transom panel and door mirrors.
Special numbered plaque #10.
Lifestyle Paint Chrome Orange.
StarShield.
Hard top with bag plus Soft top.
Lotus car cover by Lotus perfectly fitted to the body of the Elise.

Note:
This car will be sold through a car dealer Sales Tax, Title, License Fee, Registration Fee etc are additional to the advertised price. Comments are welcomed.
2011 Elise SC Final Edition 07.jpg
2011 Elise SC Final Edition 10.jpg
2011 Elise SC Final Edition 13.jpg
2011 Elise SC Final Edition 20.JPG
2011 Elise SC Final Edition 26.JPG
2011 Elise SC Final Edition 41.jpg
2011 Elise SC Final Edition 02.jpg
IMG_4999.jpg
IMG_5057.jpg
IMG_5220.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just for clarification, this is a dealer sale? Not private?
I am a private owner but all the paper work and money, collection of taxes etc. will all be done through a car dealer which is yet to be determined. Right now if nothing changes I am buying a Jeep and that dealer will be doing the paper work.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Stunning car and confusing sale offer at the same time!

·
Registered
2006 Exige K24A2 SC
255 Posts
Stunning car and confusing sale offer at the same time!
Nice car!

This is normal practice to have the dealer do paperwork but I've only done it with local sales. They really discourage private sales north of the border.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice car!

This is normal practice to have the dealer do paperwork but I've only done it with local sales. They really discourage private sales north of the border.
Hi, thank you.
I don’t think that we discourage for sale by owner it’s just that here in Quebec I paid the sales tax when I bought the car and now by going through a dealer for the sale I can get those taxes applied to a new vehicle provided I buy it at that same dealer. If I sold it myself I would not be able to get those taxes back.

·
Registered
266 Posts
what was this 2011 car's price new?

The lone was "about even" t the USD in 2011 .... as a reference.

Inquiring minds ...

·
Registered
266 Posts
I recall when working in Canada in 2007, there was a spike ... to something like 25% to $1.25+ USD = 1 Loonie.
The Canadians were kidding me that I should have negotiated my salary in the Loonie ... ! Not USD.
Oh well ... yet it was short lived, anyway.

:)

·
Administrator
5,834 Posts
No discussion of price unless the OP asks for it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I recall when working in Canada in 2007, there was a spike ... to something like 25% to $1.25+ USD = 1 Loonie.
The Canadians were kidding me that I should have negotiated my salary in the Loonie ... ! Not USD.
Oh well ... yet it was short lived, anyway.

:)
Hi yes back then for a short time our dollar was worth more than the American dollar, but that’s not the case any more… Also yes we can discuss the price I have had a difficult time to appraise it since there is only 3 cars in Canada. The dealer him self was not certain, so I have done a lot of research with some of the other final editions which were sold in the US in the past few years.

·
Registered
2005 Saffron Yellow Lotus Elise; 2008 Porsche Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1: 2011 Audi S4 Manual
134 Posts
Wow, only 3 in the whole of Canada !
Wow, only 3 in the whole of Canada !

Looks like the cream of the crop ... beautiful.
These low numbers are the reason I had to look beyond Canada's borders to find my Elise! 😉

I agree with the comments about the car as well. I would absolutely LOVE to have this one.👍

·
Registered
765 Posts
Nice car!

Hi, thank you.
I don’t think that we discourage for sale by owner it’s just that here in Quebec I paid the sales tax when I bought the car and now by going through a dealer for the sale I can get those taxes applied to a new vehicle provided I buy it at that same dealer. If I sold it myself I would not be able to get those taxes back.
Thanks for the clarification!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ahh I wish I have the fund for this amazing one!

Maybe negotiate a financing with the dealer, not sure if it works from another province :unsure: But then I need to plan a trip from Atlantic to Pacific :cry:

GLWS I will keep following this and persuading my cat and [email protected]#% (and my face on keyboard)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ahh I wish I have the fund for this amazing one!

Maybe negotiate a financing with the dealer, not sure if it works from another province :unsure: But then I need to plan a trip from Atlantic to Pacific :cry:

GLWS I will keep following this and persuading my cat and [email protected]#% (and my face on keyboard)
Hi thanks, it’s not every day you find a numbered car and on top of that it is a very low number, 15 total and only 3 in Canada… That is what attracted me, I had a little piece of history.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.